Chapter 1

Hollywood Heaven

I can predict what's about to happen. I promise I'm not psychic, or a secret witch who keeps her powers from others; it's just easy to tell that any minute now, my ears will fill with dozens of piercing screams, all coming from over-dramatic teenage girls who are all on the brink of tears.

     "Navy, are you even listening to me?" I'm snapped out of my thoughts as my friend Adelyn's voice brings me back to reality. I panic to respond.

     "Um yes, of course, I was listening."

I watch as Adelyn's facial expression turns from concerned to disappointed.

     "What's the last thing I said?" she asks.

Thinking long and hard about Adelyn's response, I curse myself as nothing comes to mind, it's going to have to be a guess.

     "I'm assuming something about Auden Andrews?"

She rolls her eyes and playfully shoves me.

     "Yes, it was, however, your assumption tends to suggest that you guessed."

Dramatically, I fake being offended as my hand rushes to my heart.

     "How dare you! Do you really think I could resist a conversation about the gorgeous Auden Andrews?" I sarcastically question.

Adelyn shakes her head but smiles.

     "Navy, I'm aware that you're not the biggest fan of Auden, however, could you please try to sit through this talk without throwing up?" she asks, pouting slightly.

     "I don't mind Auden Andrews; I haven't got an opinion on him. However, I do mind that he's been cast as one of the greatest roles to ever exist. He's just not right for the part," I respond.

The cast of Heaven Revealed

Auden Andrews, 'celebrity heartthrob' has been cast as the beautiful and courageous Flynn Turner, a homeless street boy who falls for the stunning Marie Fitzgerald, a wealthy duchess who will be played by Lyra Winters, America's sweetheart who recently has been rumoured to be dating Auden Andrews.

I sigh as I think back to the article published a few weeks ago. Just another butchered movie adaptation, I think to myself. Although I was initially thrilled to find that my favourite book was going to be made into a movie, the casting of Auden Andrews as Flynn Turner made my skin crawl. Adelyn, on the other hand, was thrilled.

     "There's a lot of people here," Adelyn says nervously. She looks around the packed event room filled with hundreds of teenage girls. "Do you think Auden will be able to see us from over here."

I take a look around at the filled seats and then up to the stage, three chairs are set up in the centre, not 10 metres from where we are sitting.

     "Addy, we are practically front row, we'll be fine," I respond, reassuring my excited friend with a pat on the shoulder.

     "You're right, we will. Thanks for letting me drag you along with me today," she says, giving me a warm smile. "I'm really grateful."

     "As you should be," I add. "How long did we queue for in total? The movie hasn't even been made yet!"

     "Only a couple of hours," she says, brushing the time off as though it was ten minutes. "These movie conventions are rare in Seattle Navy; you know they are. Mr Hemmings will be so proud that we've attended."