Generational Burdens

Your P.O.V

My ancestors should belong in the deepest pits of hell. They brought upon me such a cruel hope, keeping my fragility for themselves. And they called themselves wise. Just because they call themselves sovereigns.

When I was born, I was gifted into the hands of a special family. My mother, being one who madly cherished her only daughter, wanted my companionship above all else. She craved the smile of the only person she was a part of.

My mother was an oracle. She desperately sought after my destinies as an oracle, but never shared a word with me about what she has divined.

I understood that I was in no place to possess knowledge concerning my lifetime.

But the walls that constrained my every movement were like cages that caught the peacock's wings. Every day in solitary. Everyday that I see my mother's face. What could have been so troubling, that she treasured my safety over my happiness?

I wanted to fight. Fight my way to discover what she had hid from me, to enjoy what normal human beings could enjoy.

»--𓆩⟡𓆪--«

A red bracelet made from solid beads is wrapped around my left wrist. It shoved me away from the outside world. It was my grandmother's heirloom.

With accumulated experience, I have come to realize that this piece of jewelry responds to my emotions. Harsh feelings and words that could be shrugged off by another, would instead emit a sense of physical pain that harmed me more than anything else.

My sister, Athena, tried to persuade mother. It took many hours of gruesome begging until she proposed to me the idea of attending school.

Under one of numerous conditions, I must return home and never venture elsewhere. If I had failed to do so, our fortress built upon an ancient stone would bring consequences.

My home is a strong fortress - able to destroy those who possessed feelings of deep hatred.The fortress would respond quickly and fiercely, killing those the moment they lay a hand on us. My bracelet turns from crystal white to velvet red during this occurrence.

Though born with extraordinary traits, I felt the impact of living with a family that is entangled with the affairs of the spiritual. I called it a curse. Because I suffered greater agony with mere words that are spoken than what injures my flesh.

I turn to my side, where Amethyst rests on the sheets of the bed all curled up. As a persian cat, Its fur is coated gray. She is adorned with a midnight blue necklace that sparingly allows her to communicate. My cat is my comfort over the hugs and kisses I receive from mother.

Athena was jealous of the pet I had, but I believed it was more than fair. She could attend events, explore the world-which she owned freedom, unlike me. Perhaps mother saw that it was fruitful for her to do so.

I would only stay up all night, tucked in bed after school, pondering all the questions I ever had about my mother. With a sigh, I had to come to a conclusion.

I grew sick of her "love".