Not so humble beginnings

A small child ran through a forest, trying to run away from whatever monster was chasing him. He ran as fast as he could without looking back. He was trying to avoid trees and rocks, and his only light source was the bright full moon.

Adrenaline and fear were coursing through his body, and he was gasping for air with every step he took. He had to keep running because that was the last thing his mother ever told him to do. As hard as it was to keep moving on, he had to.

Every step was harder to take than the last. Every breath that this boy took hurt more than the one before it. His lungs were about to collapse, and his legs felt like jelly. The only thing that kept him going was his mother's last words.

(Flashback)

It was a quiet night for a small fishing village. Everything was serene, and people were happy. Everyone who lived there enjoyed being apart of the town. The food there was delicious and very well known. Noblemen and travelers would come far and wide to eat at the village.

All that peace and serenity were about to change on this fateful night. Untold horrors were about to happen to pure and innocent hearts.

There was a massive explosion that shook the entire village. It was under attack by a giant creature.

This creature was humongous, and some would think it would be a noble creature because of what it was. However, this dragon was different from the rest.

He craved blood and violence. He wanted nothing more than to raze the world and tear everything to pieces.

The explosion left an immense crater in the center of the village, and everything that was there moments ago was turned to ash. Buildings, plants, trees, people.

Warriors from the village who were shaken from the display of horrifying power began to arm themselves with swords and spears to try and kill this monstrosity.

Just mere moments ago, the villagers were peacefully enjoying the night, without any worry.

And now? It was as if chaos itself came down upon the village. People were panicking and running everywhere, trying to run away from the dragon.

The dragon seemed to enjoy this. It slowly took its time looking around and began to grab individuals and consume them. The wailing of those individuals was soon followed by squelching and bones being crunched.

Those who were brave enough to pick up a weapon quickly dropped them and ran in the opposite after witnessing that gruesome scene.

The dragon then released another powerful blast and took out a third of the village. Those who were in that area who managed to get away, in the beginning, were reduced to mere cinders.

A woman who saw the first explosion started to run as fast as she was able to. She had to make it back to the house. If she could not survive this night, at least her son could.

As she was running, she heard screams of terror. As quickly as they were heard, they disappeared, followed by eerie silence and people's footsteps still running away.

She ran towards the edge of the village, which was where she lived, and she was relieved that the attack happened at the center of the town instead of the border.

She made it inside her house, and it was dark inside. The house seemed empty, and no one was home except for her.

She feared the worst as her motherly instincts kicked into overdrive as she prayed to whatever gods there were that her son would still be alive.

"Draco! Where are you?! Draco!" She cried. A little boy who was hiding under a table came running out. "Mommy!" He ran into her arms with tears, clearly shaken and tears flowing down his eyes. "Oh thank God you're alright my darling, Mommy is here sweetie, don't you worry," she said as she hugged her child dearly.