Chapter 1-The Best Man

"Fuck," Namjoon choked out as he adjusts his tie in front of the mirror. His shoulder muscles tense up and ripples against his white button-up. "Am I sweating? Holy shit, I'm going to get armpit sweat stains."

"Joon, calm do-"

"Jesus why was I blessed with huge pores?! I can literally see the sweat coming out of my forehead."

Yoongi sighs from his position on the loveseat. He was sprawled out, head on the armrest and legs propped up on the small coffee table. His dark blue tie was neatly tucked under the grey vest, his raven-black hair neatly combed, and he was gleefully emptying the mini bottles of Vodka they provided at the room's mini bar.

As the designated best man, Yoongi cracks open a new bottle of - Bourbon this time, because it was Namjoon's favourite - and sticks his hand out, offering it to the tall Groom. He refuses it at first but does a once-over, eyeing the sinful bottle.

"Take it," Yoongi demanded, giving Namjoon the look. "You need it before you start second guessing this entire wedding."

"Shit you're right," he huffs anxiously and grabs it, downing the mini bottle in a gulp. Namjoon looks at his image again in the mirror and suddenly, his face crumbles. "Oh my god Yoongi, my pits are sweating! My pits are sweating. There's a stain. Fucking hell I'm going to be a sweating pig in front of Jin."

Yoongi chuckles at his flustered friend, shaking his head at how stressful weddings can be. And that is exactly why he detested it. Maybe detest is too strong of a word to describe his feelings towards it. A better vocabulary used would be: dislike, despise, loathe, abhor. On second thoughts, he'll stick to detest. A lot of people would question him with fervor on why he hated weddings. And he'll simply say,

"Weddings are the epitome of a pointless waste of money, materialistic desires, vexing relatives you haven't met in years and in-your-face sickly-sweet romance."

And then they'll start to argue about how romantic it was and he'll have to comment with repugnance just to get them off his back and it'll end with a "You're such a pessimistic asshole." But here he was, not only attending a wedding but being part of one - as the best man. And it was all for his best friend, Kim Namjoon.

There was a knock on the door before Hoseok's head pops in. "Guys, the other Groom is ready," he informed them. "We've got to head out to the altar."

A strangled whine escapes Namjoon's lips as his knees weaken for a second. Yoongi had to scramble off the loveseat and hold onto his elbows to prevent him from falling. "Woah there cowboy," Yoongi teased. "Don't faint on me now."

He could see Namjoon physically gulp before taking in deep breaths. "I can't promise that I won't faint out there."

Amongst Hoseok, Namjoon and Yoongi, Namjoon was the one to easily go berserk over something. Physically, he was the manliest man Yoongi knew - with his broad shoulders, long legs, well-toned chest and handsome face. Heck, even Yoongi fell for him once upon a time. Mentally, Namjoon sounded like he was the non-fiction reborn of Dumbledore. So wise and always so annoyingly right. But emotionally, Yoongi swears that he's actually a 16-year-old girl.

Yoongi slaps his cheeks as he starts hyping him up, "Dude, come on. Don't go all prissy on me. Remember, you went out of your way to get yourself a handsome man. You grabbed your balls and got on one knee for this man. You fucking planned this son-of-a bitch and got through this man's Groomzilla moments like a champion. Who did all those things?"

"I did."

"I can't hear you!"

"I did, for fuck's sake!" Namjoon yells with aggression as he grins, feeling the adrenaline pumping.