Jailbird ~ Chapter 1

New story!

After that first month in the cold, damp, dark cell, something changed in me. The hours and days rolled into one long, continuous blur. I had been counting the days on the wall, scratching it in with a rock found on my cell floor. As the days increasingly monotonous, I stopped. Though we were given food, it was tiny portions and only every second day. On Sundays, huge pots of piping hot stew were made, and the rest of the week was leftovers from it. We got out to a large yard once a day, for an hour. On top of daily chords, we have several hours of hard, back breaking work, with only short breaks every couple of hours. Children threw pebbles through the fences of the prison yard at us.

*flashback*"Mr Green, the jury has found you guilty of the murder of one Kyle Roberts. You have been sentenced to 20 years imprisonment". "I was framed! I'm not the murderer!" As I screamed my innocence, I felt four hands grab my arms, and before I knew it, I was being dragged out of the courtroom and into an armed van.

I know it's short, but it's been so long since I uploaded anything on here. I'll update as often as possible, but till then, check out my other book called 'The Cat Whiskers, They Come From Within' (phanfic)