『008』

Previously on The Bangtan High~

"Good night"....

Continue~

The warm sun rays pierced through the windows indicating start of a new day. You woke up and saw no one was around. It was good, you hated seeing anyone as soon as you woke up and you didn't liked talking to anyone in the morning, coz morning person? What's that? [Lmao that's so me].

You got freshed up and ready for school. You wanted to keep it simple so you went for damage jeans and a crop hoddie. You looked at yourself in the mirror as your long hair fell over your shoulder in a wave. Nah..you quickly tied it up in a high pony and came out in the living room.

"Oh good morning" the voice came from the kitchen. Jimin came out with breakfast for two. "The person who doesn't know how to cook ramen cooked breakfast??" You remarked laughing. " I got my facts straight you see. Anyways why you up so early? It's still time left for school to start" he asked as he served to food and you sat on the dining table. "Thanks to your windows devoid of curtains" you rolled your eyes. He giggled, as you were just going to start eating, there was a knock. "It must be your friends" he said. "Can't be, they aren't morning persons either" you said as you got up to open the door. " Hi Ariannaaaa" it was none other than Lisa. "Hey Lisa, come in" you welcomed her as politely you could. She came in like she owns the place "Morning Mr. Park" she said and he didn't reply. Lisa made her way to the table and took your place,
"Mind if I join?" Before you could reply to her Mr. Park said "Sorry it's only for two" you were shocked. You didn't like Lisa much as well but she was still your friend and she didn't do you any harm. "That's not a problem, you both have it I do it later on with my friends" you said as Lisa thankfully smiled at you. Jimin had the complete opposite expression, "But I made it for you" he said in low and broken voice that only you could hear. You looked at him, before you could say anything he went to his room. "Uh, Lisa I think I will leave now, please let Mr. Park know that I left" you said. She nodded " I suggest you to have fun until it's choosen" she adruptly said. You looked at her confused, " Uh I mean if you meet Jennie by any chance tell her that I was looking for her" she said with a nervous chuckle. You left with a nod.

You wandered in the open ground making your skin glaze under the warm sun. Until the one is choosen?? What does that mean?? Choosen for what?? Is this some kind of cult??
You bumped into someone one again.
"Oh sorry" you looked up "Jennie??"
"Arianna?? What you are doing here so early??" She asked. "Nothing much, well Lisa is looking for you". She was expression less. " Don't tell her you met me" she finally uttered. " Why? " You were confused. " It's not worth knowing" she replied, she was about to leave when you stopped her..
"Jennie wait.."
"What??"
"I wanna ask you something"
"Go ahead"
"Lisa was talking about someone being choosen.. do you have any idea about what she was referring to?? "
Jennie went pale for a second then spoke...
" That dumb bitch can't even keep things to herself. Don't mind what she says Ari.. "
" No wait I wanna know about it, I am so confused, I have no idea about what is happening.."
" That's good. You aren't supposed to have idea about it anywas".
" No. Please Jennie I beg you, I won't tell a single soul please tell me".
You weren't going to give up, you keep insisting.
" You won't shut your mouth, won't you??" She asked irritated. You didn't care if she got irritated, " No, not until you tell me everything you know" you were desperate too. She led out a sigh checked her sides " Not here" she dragged you with her.

You found yourself sitting in a cafe that you came last night with Eunwoo. "Jennie come on tell me now" . "Shush keep your voice low, Arianna I am trusting you not a soul should know about it" you nodded with anticipation. " So you know that Bangtan High has a tie up with the Investigation Beaure??" . " I guess" you said confused. She sighed, "Okay then let's begin from the beginning".

"The Bangtan High has a tie up with the investigation beaure. Every year best of best students are chosen to study here that is why you see there are so less students here. Out of those students, the even better ones are chosen and they are called POTENTIAL STUDENTS. There are seven teachers, so that means the number of potential students each year can be 7 or less. Now these students after graduation directly gets very high position in the IB"

" Wow cool.."

" Don't say that now Ari, things aren't easy. Once these potentials are chosen, the main motive of the teachers is to distract them and make things very difficult for them. Distraction can be worse than your imagination. This is to find if  they are actually worth it or not. If you still graduate with flying colours, congratulations!! Your life is set. If you don't then you repeat a year".

" Tf! That's insane...what about others apart from the potentials??"

" They graduate normally and get a normal position or sometimes get nothing at all. What Lisa meant is as far as we know the potentials of this year isn't chosen yet so by this time all the teachers have eye on everyone in search of their potential student whom they need to distract. So she basically meant taking advantage of that by pretending that you can be a potential".

" That's stupid, who will willingly step on a hole. So everyone one knows about all of these??"

" Of course not. Except the teachers no one else does."

" Then how did you and Lisa...."

" We were potentials of last year. There were four of us. Me, Lisa, Rosé and Jisoo. Rosé and Jisoo made through the distraction and are working in IB while me and Lisa couldn't. Just because of that bitch I am repeating a year. She influenced me to enjoy whatever attention we were getting by the teachers, and here you go we couldn't make it.  I could have been in the IB too but here I am..."

" Hey that's fine it's just a year, what if you are a potential this year too. You will make it this time." You tried reassuring her.

" No I can't, you only get one chance.
It becomes hell for you if you repeat. Being treated as a diamond and then the very next year like a trash" Jennie sounded so hurt. You felt bad for her.

" Lisa thinks she can be potential again. She was Mr. Park's potential last year. She might have feelings for him" Jennie continued. You were surprised.

" What bout you and your friends?" You asked with wide eyes.

"I was Mr. Kim's..uh Taehyung's potential. Rosé was Mr. Jung's and Jisoo was the principals".

" Uh, so what about you?? You have like Mr. Kim too??"

" Nah, It's worse if you fall for them coz they don't. Emotions have nothing to do here. There only job is to make things difficult for you and I told ya. I hate it here. Just waiting for this semester to get over".

" Jennie I feel bad for you"

" You don't have to. Nothing can be done now. Arianna you are a good person that's why I told you everything. As much as I don't wanna say it I just have a feeling that you would be one of the potentials this year".

" No don't say that, I did rather die" you panicked and she chuckled.

" I am sorry, am sorry. But I wanna say that if you do, then don't do the mistake we did, don't let your emotions block your path to success. I think you should go now you might get late" you glanced at the clock school was about to start and you just had only a cup of Caramel Mochito.

"What about you??" You asked.

"No body cares if I am there or not. I think I will skip classes and go shopping". Jennie said.
Both of you left for seperate your ways from the cafe.

You made your way back to school, think about how to process the flood of information you just got, having no idea about the fact that you were the only one this year. Everyone's eye was only on you, one more thing that you had no idea about...

This year things won't be just mere distraction...
______________________________________

Am sorry if that didn't make sense. I don't know how it did to me.. also I hope that the concept is clear to ya all now..
If you still have some questions then ask in the comments but I won't be able to answer it your question somewhat leads to a spoiler...
We all love a spoiler free book. Don't we?? :^)