Chapter 1: Addilyn

Addilyn.

Running.Heart pacing.Losing my breath.
I ran and ran trying to get away from them. It was pitch black with no where else to turn except down the alley. I could hear their footsteps and they were starting to catch up with me. I pushed and pushed my legs to run faster but it was only for a second. It was a dead end. The gate was rusty and it stabbed my hands as I tried to climb it but it was no use. They grabbed me by my hair and pulled me down, hitting my head.

I wake up in a jolt ,gasping for breath. Sitting up, I run my fingers through my hair with my breathing labored. Someone unexpectedly touches my shoulders making me jump.

"Hey, calm down its just me", my fiancé says to me in a calming tone while he was brushing my hair behind my ear.

"Sorry, had a nightmare", I tell him with a smile.

"You're safe here", Logan tells me, rubbing my back.

I glance to the nightstand and press the home button on my IPhone so it will show the time. 6:25. I sigh realizing I woke up 5 minutes early. Oh well. Getting out of bed, I grab my phone, my clothes for the day and head toward the bathroom. I take a brisk shower,curl my light brunette hair,brush my teeth,and put on eyeliner,eye shadow, and blush. Logan gives me a kiss on my cheek as he enters the bathroom. I head toward the kitchen to make some pancakes. When the pancakes were done I washed and placed some fresh strawberries ,powdered some cinnamon on top ,and set the table. Just as I was pouring the orange juice Logan headed down stairs.

"You're amazing", He tells me ,giving me a peck on the lips.

I smile and grab the Wedding Planner binder and set in on the other side of the table before I sit down. I take a bite into my breakfast and start to look at Logan. Almost 4 years later and I'm still amazed of how lucky I am to have him. He was everything you could want for in a guy ,sweet,charming, protective, funny,and caring.

"What?",he says looking up ,noticing I've been looking at him.

"Nothing", I say brushing his dark blonde hair to the side,"You're just cute."

He laughs a little and smiles at me. His Light, husky blue eyes met my dark brown eyes but soon out gaze is interrupted by a phone ringing. He grabs his phone from his back pocket and quickly puts his dishes in the dishwashers.

"I've got to go.",he tells me giving me another peck, "I love you",he whispers.

"I love you too", I say with a smile as he leaves out the door to work at his company, it's a family business.

Even though his family had money and he will soon be in charge and head of the company, we have a small house and don't waste money. We like it small,cozy, and simple. For our wedding on the other hand, is a little different. His parents just insisted on a ceremony and not a little or low key one. Thankfully we both found a compromise of a ceremony but not so many people. Unfortunately, my parents died about 2 years ago in a car crash and I was devastated,almost even depressed. Anyway, a wedding doesn't go on by itself, and with my sisters not wanting to help, so it's pretty much up to Cathy (my best friend) and I to get this done. Now only 1 month away, there is still a lot to do and since I'm out of school (thank God) and got nothing going on, there is no reason not to plan today.

I head toward the door with the wedding planner in my hand. I get dressed for the January weather and put a a long dress trench coat over my white t-shirt ,cardigan, jeans, and headed toward my car.

I leave the florist after fixing our 'issue' with the number and color of the flowers. Walking across the parking lot ,to my car, I grab my keys and pop a mint in my mouth. Barely paying attention, across the street a white Dodge truck slowed down in front of me. I look up ,but it was only for a while as someone put a cloth over my mouth and there hand over my eyes. Wait what? Is this a prank? Before I get to answer or comprehend those thoughts it was black.

-----------------This is a new series I'm working on! So please vote!