We Only See Each Other At Weddings And Funerals

On the 12th hour of the first of October 1989, 43 women had given birth. This was unusual only because none of them had been pregnant when the day first began.

Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire, adventurer, wanted to adopt as much as he could.

He got eight of them.

—-

Five and I have been trapped in the future for 45 years. We are both 58 but we are planning on going back to the future.

We're in the middle of a mission but just as I'm about to make the shot, a hand is placed on my shoulder as if to say stop.

I turn to see my husband, Five.

"I think I got something here, Eight." I look over at what he's doing and I see equations in the book that our sister has made.

She called me an abomination to society. I'm not very happy about that.

"Let's go home." I say before he tries with all his might to take us home.

I lay the gun down as he starts his thing. The blue hue shows up around his clunched fist and a portal shows up.

I'm about to look closer when a fire extinguisher pops us and almost hits me in the head. Five holds me close and then pushes us threw.

Soon enough we land on our faces, well, he does, I just land on him.

"Thanks sweetheart." I say as we get up. Though I notice that my voice sounded higher. And then I also noticed the older people in front of me.

My family.

I hear someone who I think is Klaus say,"Does anyone else see little Five and Eight or is it just me?"

"Shit." Five mutters as he looks at himself and I.

~🌪~

As Five makes a marshmallow and peanut butter sandwich for himself, I make myself comfortable in my room.

Which I was quick to learn was spotless. Mom must've cleaned in here for 16 years, or what they think was 16 years.

I was usually always near dad, so I picked up on his way of training. I was picked on it by Klaus and Five.

Anyone else was scared of me. I had the power of making illusions.

*16 years ago*

"Pay attention! Number Eight! Make a weapon!" I closed my eyes and envisioned a knife.

But it disappeared.

"Number Two! Help Number Eight with her problem..." That means we're about to fight...

He gives me a sorry face and we start....

I pull on the strings of energy I see. A hulking beast of a silhouette begins to raise from the ground.

But I haven't concentrated for two seconds when Diego rushes at me. Metal shines in both hands- his daggers are drawn. He lunges for me. My concentration breaks- my illusion vanishes. I throw myself to the ground and roll out of his way.

Diego's on me again before I can blink. Metal flashes before my eye. I throw up a hand to protect myself, and the blade slashes a thin, shallow line into my palm. Pain blooms from the wound.

He's wasting no mercy on me. This is not just an accelerated training, it's a lesson.

"Wait-" I call out.