The Sorting

Thanks to Blue_Pokeball for the title!!! Also, I know in the show Gideon is 9 years old, but now he's the same age as Dipper and Mabel, which for the sake of Hogwarts ages is 11 for the first year.

   "Mabel, you can't keep eating all those sweets," said Dipper Pines to his twin sister in their compartment on the Hogwarts Express. Mabel had a pile of chocolate frogs, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, cauldron cakes, pumpkin pasties, and licorice wands, which she'd gotten from the trolley witch just a few minutes before.
"Well I don't have to eat all of the candy Dipper, you can have some too!" She replied, holding out a licorice wand.
"Uh, no thanks." He said. Mabel shrugged, and replied with,
"Well I guess more for me and Waddles!" She and her pet pig, which was allowed at Hogwarts due to new rules, started to take turns taking bites out of the licorice wand. Dipper grimaced at the gross interaction, and got out a book to read.
A few hours later, the train pulled to a stop, and the twins got their stuff down from the luggage racks. They hopped off the train, onto Hogsmade Station, and followed someone named Lazy Susan, who they learned was both the groundskeeper and the caretaker.
   The first years followed Lazy Susan to a huge lake with a bunch of boats floating on it. She told them that only four people per boat, so Mabel and Dipper got into a boat with two kids who said their names were Granda and Candy. Mabel quickly started up conversation with the two girls, while they travelled across the lake to a magnificent, giant castle.
   They soon pulled up to giant castle known as Hogwarts, and all of them got out of the boats. Susan led them into the school, and into the great hall, where they were told to wait. All eyes were on the first years, who would be joining one of the four houses. Dipper was nervous about which house he'd be in, but Mabel was just talking with the other first years.
   Lazy Susan came back with a brown, battered, old hat and a stool. The stool was put down, and then the hat, then the first years were told what they would be doing. She got out a list and started  to read off the first few names.
   After "Gleeful, Gideon" got sorted in Slytherin, "Pines, Mason," which is Dipper, was called. He nervously went up there, sat down, and put the sorting hat on his head.
   Not even a few seconds after, the sorting hat yelled "RAVENCLAW!" He took off the hat, and went to sit with the Ravenclaw table, which was cheering.
   After the cheering subsided, Lazy Susan called our Mabel's name. She happily went to go sit down and put the hat on her brown haired head.
   It barely touched her head before shouting, "HUFFLEPUFF!" She happily skipped over to the Hufflepuff table, where the others greeted her.
   What seemed like forever passed, but then finally the last kid, Pacifica Northwest, was sorted into Slytherin.
   The headmaster, which just so happened to be Mabel and Dipper's great uncle Stan, stood up and the room went silent. "Just get to eating or whatever" he said, waving his hand. He sat down, and many plates of food appeared on the tables.
   The twins were a little disappointed they weren't put in the same house, but they had expected it to happen.
   Everyone started to eat, and then a bunch of ghosts came into the Great Hall. At the Hufflepuff table, there was the Fat Friar and a ghost named Soos. At Gryffindor there was Nearly Headless Nick, The Bloody Baron at Slytherin, and at the Ravenclaw table there was the Grey Lady, also known as Helena Ravenclaw.
   After the feast, everyone was led to their common rooms, and that night, the strangeness started to happen.