One

The rising sun began to peek through Kaleya's newly hung silk curtains which matched the fly of the rest of her freshly renovated apartment. The two-bedroom was located on the outskirts of bustling ATL and was the fresh start Kaleya needed after breaking the lease of the prior apartment she shared with her deceitful and abusive ex. Plus Kaleya had begun pursuing her master's at GSU so anything that invaded her peace had to step.

I forgot that I turned Pandora on through my Apple TV in the wee hours of tossing and turning, and now the all too relatable song "Heart Breaker" by Kiddo Marv featuring Tokyo Jetz begin to play, and I felt every verse piercing my brain. Each verse pulled on the dancing strings in my heart that held all of the hurtful, dishonest or grimy memories that I endured in my last relationship, which was a major setback that we both played our part in. But I was no longer putting up with any of that or putting myself through self-destructing bullshit, I was in the mode to get this degree, two degrees hotter is the talk in these streets, and that's on period.

I decided to get up because now a bitch was in her feelings but I had a "pop quiz" in my lecture this morning.

I lazily slid off of the bed and made my way to my window, it was like a mini city around these parts. I could definitely get used to waking up to this beautiful scenery every morning. Every breath of fresh air was so refreshing, which is one thing I loved, this environment will definitely uplift me in this journey to become Kaleya Anderson, M.A.

Breaking me out of my thoughts was my phone ringing again, the calls started this morning at 3 AM and never stopped, it was the usual Tuesday night which I knew would lead to my ex out with his boys shooting dice and getting too damn drunk which'll only leading up to the inevitable drunk calls, I wish someone could hear the shit he says to me and the voicemails he leaves when I decide to stop answering. But no one does, because I just erase the voicemails from my thoughts and the call log to not let them engulf me on this road to self redemption.

But this time felt different, something was dancing on my heart. I had an urge, one that said I needed to listen to what the caller on the other end was about to say and I couldn't shake it, so fuck it. I walked over to my nightstand and unplugged my phone from the charger.

Just sliding over the answer button caused me to catch an attitude. "Cameron , what do you want?"

Cam better known as Cameron Lang, was my "boyfriend" of three years. I broke up with him 3 weeks, 4 days and 27 minutes to this day because he was no longer the man I had grown to love. I couldn't allow him to consume my life with all of the drama and heartache, that played a hefty part in our relationship. I opened my eyes and realized there was no more love in me to give just to have it thrown back in my face. Cameron was so heavy in the streets when his head wasn't in the books, seeing as though we both just completed our undergraduate degrees, hat he loved any and everything that didn't have to do with me. Most of that love going to his excessive fluctuation of hoes. All he had to do was let them know who he was looking to "spend the rest of his life with," hell even just ignore 'em all together. Yet, he forgot all about Kaleya when they were willing to lay on they backs for a lil fame. How do you play out the one who remained by you through all the bullshit? I was his number one supporter, his lover, friend, confidant and everything he needed throughout this relationship, and it meant nothing to him! My brain might've been saying the opposite, but your heart knows when there is no more to give and I knew I'd grown so tired of what we had going on when I fell in love with another man, one who swooped in and showed me what every ounce of Kaleya deserved, It got so deep that I was on the verge of leaving Cam for him but he was killed by a stray bullet at an event. What a fucking fairytale, huh?

So Cam's place in this heart, was officially null and void.

I hated how I let him affect me, but we've been through so much that it's hard to just say forget him or us. We'll never get back together but those years hurt me to the core, I can't get that time back, ever.