Chapter 1: Pilot

The sun rose, letting a soft light flood the pale pink room. A girl about the age of 22 took up the queen size bed. She wrapped her arms around the giant stuffed teddy bear her boyfriend bought her years ago. The left eye was missing, and was seemingly scruffy and ragged. The sound of an all to familiar alarm rang in her ears, breaking the blissful scene. Raven reached her arm out and smacked her hand over her phone, getting up with a groan.

     Despite having six hours of sleep, she was ready for the day ahead her. She was flying across the country to move in with with her boyfriend in Italy, Evan Russo. Even though it was only for six months, it was going to be the best time of her life. He stood at 6'3 with shaggy brown curls and warm eyes like honey. He was perfect for Raven. He was kind and treated her with the respect she so longingly deserved.

     She slipped on her fuzzy blue slippers and walked into the bathroom, picking up her brush. She yawned putting music on as she brushed out her golden brown hair that barely touched her waist. She pulled it into a bun, and began to wash her face and brush her teeth, occasionally singing and dancing along to "Tia and Tamera" by Doja Cat. She spat out the mouth wash, and picked up her facial cloth, cleaning the water off her bronze skin.

     She set a sugar scrub over plump lips and put on a face mask while dancing to the music. "Raven!" A high pitched voice ruined her vibe. An all too familiar voice. "Jenna! What did I say about ruining my morning ritual," she groaned, opening the fire escape window that sat in the hallway of her apartment.

     "You look like you shoved your face in cake per usual," Raven teased, laughing as Jenna punched her in the arm. "I gotta find myself some hot person while you chill with your boyfriend. I don't plan on third wheeling the whole time." Jenna was the type of girl who would date for fun and end up breaking hearts because of her lack of commitment. She was a 5'8 spitfire with hazel eyes and naturally orange hair. She had little makeup on, yet still remained flawless. Together they had been friends for a total of nine years and always got on each others nerves but never ended the day upset at each other.

     "So how excited you are for Italy?" Jenna wiggled her eyebrows, following Raven to her room. "berry excited," she mumbled through the sugar scrub on her lips. She rinsed it off and took off the face mask, rubbing the product into her skin.

     "When are you gonna get ride of that thing?" Jenna trailed off, pointing to the scruffy teddy bear on the bed.

     "Hey, don't talk to croqueta like that! He's sensitive," she giggled, changing her clothes and putting on some make up.

     "You named it after your favorite Cuban treat? Isn't it from Italy though?" She laughed, plopping on her bed, playing with the jewelry while by the bedside.

     "Honestly Jenna... I don't even know what to say sometimes" She pulled a turtleneck shirt over her chest, struggling to get it over for a second.

     "Are you done, queen Sheba? You changed your top like five times" Jenna mocked, pulling on a thread hanging from her plaid skirt.

     "Airport glam and ready to go, Evan is going to be surprised," She did a small twirl showing off her outfit that for once wasn't black or a marvel graphic tee. "Yeah yeah you're in love, lets go. The plane takes off in four hours and we need to drop off our luggage before your mom curses us out for not being out on time. you know New York traffic is garbage." Raven sighed and grabbed her carry on and her luggage heading out the front door.

     A small dog came running up to her, planting its tiny paws on her legs. "Hey baby boy! I wouldn't leave without saying bye to you" She carried the little terrier, giving him a kiss on the head, and fluffed up his fur.

     "Ale! Alejandro Lucas Delgado!" She screamed, her tired brother sat up from the couch, his face tainted with hot Cheeto dust. "eh?" he sniffled, cleaning slobber off his face.

     " Don't forget to feed Toby and water the plants before you take over my apartment, okay? I'm not paying you to chill and eat my food," she plopped the dog on the 17 year olds lap. "See you guys in a few months! Jenna's coming back in a few weeks, don't worry" She grabbed her luggage, running put the front door with Jenna.

"When is that kid gonna do something useful," Jenna scoffed.

"Listen, just because he got gum stuck in your hair a while ago doesn't mean he's all that evil," Raven pressed the elevator button, walking in when the doors opened.

"You know that was just a few days ago and I had to cut it out, right?"

Raven tried to hold back a laugh "Oh that recent? Whose counting,"

Jenna looked over at her, squinting her eyes. "You're lucky you're you."

When the elevator made that ding sound, she rushed out to her car, opening the trunk throwing in the luggage. "ready?" Ravens mom said from the drivers seat. 

"For the biggest change of my life that's going to alter my reality and perspective forever? duh!" Her mother shook her head "so dramatic. I'm gonna miss that," she pulled the car out of the parking lot, taking off to the airport. The sun burned through the sky with the background noise of tires on the asphalt and the radio station blaring Whitney Huston. Little did she know, Raven was absolutely right. She had no idea what the future was going to hold. But it wouldn't be in her favor...

Hey! Thanks for making it here! Don't forget to comment, vote and share if you can! I tried to keep this first chapter short for you guys. More updates coming soon!

-Skylar