Chapter 1

Hunter

"Since when did you develop feelings for other people?" He said to me as he reloaded his sniper.

"Kai, shut up. Fuck what's wrong with me. I should have never gone to that stupid thing," I said as I scoped in to get a clear shot of Andres Vega. That bastard murdered 100 people in a single bombing. Been waiting for days to smoke him out. Tonight's the chance and I'm not leaving tonight without a headshot.

"1, 2..." Kai started the countdown and I pulled the trigger and Vegas went down with a shot straight to the head.

"Motherfucking 3," his bodyguards surrounded Vegas and started to shout for help. "Well, see you at home buddy." I put the sniper back in the box and strapped it to my back. I ran as fast as I can to the other side of the building and launched off. I paraglided between the buildings and I must say L.A. is fucking bright and loud. I turn away from the city and turn towards the park.

The first time I was so mesmerized by the city I flew too low, crashed into a pole and almost got ran over by a freight. Let's just say that it wasn't my fault that 10 cars smashed into each other and they were being delusional. As the park came into view, I pulled on the brakes and slowly landed on the ground. I stuffed the paraglide into the backpack and walked across the street to where my car was parked.

"Hello, my angel," my Ferrari California is my life. I bought it during my third op and I worshipped it forever since. I took out my phone and right on time Kai called.

"No can do, I'm not going tonight," I said before Kai opened his mouth.

"You sick douche, just because I let you take the shot. I'm not asking for you to go, but can you give me a lift? Be here in ten," and he hanged up. I can be a douche and not pick him up, but the man need to have his fun or he'll come to my house and ruin mines. I took my time and reached his house 15 minutes later. "You douchebag," Kai said as he opened the door and got inside.

I stiffled my laugh and said, "Traffic." I don't need to look to see Kai flipping me off. I dropped him off at the The Apocalypse and before I drove away I saw her. She's walking towards the club with her group of friends. Her long brown hair in curly waves running down her waist.

She's in this black dress that clings on to her like second skin and reaches down to her thighs revealing her very sexy toned legs. I let out a heavy breath and parked the car acrossed the street. I went inside the club and went upstairs to look for Kai.

The club is packed with bodies grinding on each other and music booming as loud as they can. The club's VIP section is well designed with glass that can overlook the ground floor. You can see the outside but no one can see in. I opened the door and found Kai swarmed in bodies. "Ahh, sorry but these are all mines," he said as he took a girl by the mouth. I continued walking towards the ceiling to floor window and looked down to search for her. It might take me a while, since almost everyone is wearing black, but I will find her. They named me Hunter for a reason.

As I looked towards the bar, I see her little body perched up on a stool drinking a shot. To my guest, she must be going through something emotional. She's making small talk and her friends are trying to get her to dance. I fist my hands into my pocket when this douche walked over to her and touched her ass. She swat his hands away but he leaned closer towards her neck. Before I know it, I'm walking towards them.

"Get off of me," I heard her say to the man.

"Come on, go home with me," the man grabbed her hand and started dragging her away. I stepped in and punched the man square in the jaw. "Touch her again and I'll fucking kill you," I stood directly infront of the man with her behind me. Really close behind me.

"What the fuck? Who the fuck are you?" The man gripped his jaw and blood is running down his mouth. I pulled back my arm again but someone stopped me. She stopped me. "Please don't," she took my hand in hers and dragged me away from the man. "What the fuck?" The man yelled again and I shot back a glare and he walked away.

We walked outside and stood out in the front for a while. "Are you okay?" I asked as she looked down and hugged her arms. She let out a deep breath and  replied, "Am now. Thanks for what you did back there." She looked up and I saw the same beautiful green eyes from two days ago when we met at the ball. Her lips are a natural, full and pink. I would die to have those lips between mines. She smells wonderful.  I think the scent is Vanilla but mixed with something else to balance the sweetness. I stuff my hands into my pocket to refrain from touching her. I turn my body towards her and studied her for a minute. She gave me a coy smile and looked away. I took her chin in my fingers and leaned towards her. She sucked in a breath and closed her eyes. Oh my fucking god, she thinks I'm going to kiss her.