Li Qiang & Charlize

Li Qiang was astonished to hear that the Celystian Imperial Princess has summoned him for a private conversation. Zhang Weimin, Wang Lei, and Li Chao were surprised as well. Immediately, the four were suspicious. A foreign princess initiating a private talk with a general is abnormal.

"General Li?" The maid held a polite smile as she gestured the man towards the VIP room next door. Her green eyes were filled with sincerity. "Please follow me to the princess' room. We do not want Her Highness to wait on us."

Although the Celystine Empire and the Ysaxie Empire had contrasting traditions and regulations, it still baffled Wang Lei, who never heard a maid address herself casually. He could not help but wonder how different the Celystine Empire really is from his home.

"Go ahead, Qiang," Zhang Weimin, the Third Imperial Prince of the Ysaxie Empire, said. He smiled as he nodded slightly. "Do not keep Her Imperial Highness waiting. She is a special guest after all."

Li Qiang nodded and stood up, with his scarlet robes fluttered lightly. The maid turned around and headed next door with him following her. She opened the door and let him in first before closing it. Li Qiang was left alone with the princess.

The princess was sitting properly and drinking her tea. When she heard the door opened and closed, she set the teacup down and looked up.

"A pleasure to meet you, General Li. I did not expect you to readily agree to my unexpected invitation," Charlize smiled charmingly, exuding her graceful aura. Her eyes shined cooly and could make one feel calm and transposed.

He had heard of the Celystian princess' beauty and was amazed. It was his first time seeing her. Eyes as radiant and blue as a sapphire and long hair that resembled a raven. Maybe it was the aloofness in her eyes or the way she held herself gracefully yet nobly, but Li Qiang could not help but be drawn to her character instead of her beauty.

The princess surely is one of a kind.

Li Qiang lowered his head and instantly bowed. "This one does not dare to decline."

Charlize gently picked up her fan, which was surprisingly a simple solid color of royal blue, to gesture to the seat across from her. "Please forego formalities. I am not used to Ysaxian's formalities as of yet, so it would be helpful if you speak casually with me."

"If it is a request, then this one will oblige." Li Qiang sat on the seat, a bit tensed. He was confused, bewildered, and suspicious as to why the princess wanted to talk to him.

She smiled again. "You are indeed alike to the rumors. Of course, there are only good rumors about you, General Li." Charlize fanned herself lightly with a thoughtful expression. "Have you heard of the rumors circling me? I must say that some are interesting."

Charlize poured herself and Li Qiang some tea. Li Qiang thanked the princess and politely drank the tea. His gray eyes stayed on Charlize's face the entire time, not wanting to miss any second of her facial expressions that may reveal her intentions.

No poison. No murderous intent. The maid is only guarding the door, but she too have no murderous intent. Why have the princess summoned me? Clearly there must be a more valid answer than to simply talk. Li Qiang thought.

"I have heard a few rumors, but I do not mindlessly believe in them until I hear it from the people themselves," Li Qiang honestly answered. It was a virtue that his grandfather had taught him from an early age.

"Rumors are only half of the truth and must not be taken seriously. Find the truth from the victims to confirm the facts." Was what his grandfather would say.

"Good," Charlize's smile broadened. Her eyes lit up. "It seems like the Li family sure are worthy of being righteous."

"Thank you for the praise, Princess."