The Parable of the Snowman and the Firefox

Walking down the street of a deciduos forest of Siberia, a snowman wanted to look for food. He looked here, he looked there, he looked everywhere but it seems that the fate is messing up with him. For almost four days of looking for food, he saw a fruit of an apple, quite small, but he think could fill enough his starving stomach.

When he is about to get the fruit, a fire fox surprised him, a weak, hungry, and dying fire fox. He went to her and wanted to ask her with full of worry, "Are you ok?" But she didn't answer, and after a while, the fire fox wanted to utter a word and did it saying, "I - I am starving!" The snowman looked at her, he was full of worry, pity, and sympathy to the fire fox.

The apple, who would really fill his stomach which have not eaten for almost four days, he thinks that the fire fox feels either twice or thrice or many times more than what he feels, so he sacrified. He picked, gave, and let the fire fox eat it. Another problem is, the fire fox is shivering, the snowman would bring her to a cave where she would be warmth, but everytime he touches the fire fox, he's melting, and that made it even more complicated for snowman to save fire fox.

He is starting to lose hope of saving fire fox. He is about to walk away leaving fire fox alone, dying. Fortunately, he found a chopped trunk of pine tree, and he got an idea. He would lay the fire fox on the trunk. And sled her to the nearby cave, where the snowman is living. But when he is trying to touch fire fox, he is still melting. And he came up to a decision that he would sacrifice his left arm, just save fire fox. He carried fire fox with his left arm whilst his arm was melting. And at last, he successfully laid fire fox on the trunk but his arm gone.

On the way to the cave, he is gradually pulling the trunk with fire fox on it, with only his right arm. Arrived at the cave, he transfered fire fox on the floor, using his right hand this time, and this led to losing of his both hands.

After almost a week, he didn't eat anything, and the fire fox as well. He is very hungry, so he decided to look for food. Fortunately, he found a pear fruit on the nearby pear tree, that was then covered with thick snows and heavy frost. He got fruits and hurriedly went ahead to the cave and when he arrived, he found fire fox awoke and still resting. "Who are you?" she asked, "I - I am snowman, I am the one who brought you here!" he replied. "What happened to your arms?" she added, "Ah, it was just, you know, sort of, never mind!" he responded. "Did you touch me, huhu!" "No, it's ok, it's ok!" he denied. They became friends from then on. This continued for the next two months just inside the cave. But the longer she is in Siberia, the shorter her life is becoming.

The winter season has just officially ended, and the temperature is now gradually rising and the ice is melting from the outside. It's the time for snowman to go back to where he came from, the Arctic, for him to continue his life. But without ado, fire fox came to him and said, "I love you!" This would be very hard for snowman to leave fire fox because, he also fell in love with fire fox. But the problem is, if ever fire fox would go with snowman, there is a possibility that fire fox would die due to extreme coldness. On the other hand, if ever snowman would go with fire fox, there is a possibility that snowman would melt and then die.

This situation of theirs is very difficult, a love separated with barrier, a barrier that prevents them from loving each other, and a barrier that could kill them. So snowman came up with a decision, "I would go with you!" Fire fox then cried, realizing the sacrifices snowman made for her, from letting her eat the fruit which is supposed to be eaten by him, losing his arms, and now losing his life. "You have so many sacrifices for me, it's my turn to sacrifice too." But snowman then spoke "I would sacrifice myself for the person who really loves me. When I first saw you dying, all I felt is pity, not knowing that one day, I'll fall in love with you. And I would rather die for you, cos I know, you love me more than anybody else. And love is sacrifice."

A cry that started from single tear multiplied to hundreds. And snowman added, "A love story that started in this cave of mine, would end in this cave of mine. You are the reason why I live, so losing you is the reason why should I die."