More Than Just a Ride: Short Story

I wrote this for English class and I really liked it so I decided to put it on here! It's a short story it's only 586 words.

Xoxo Sydney

___________________________________________________________________________________

More Than Just A Ride...

By. Sydney Kalmakoff

I was almost at the baggage claim,it had been a long trip. I was studying in London for my last semester in college. I was studying the law firms over in England because I really want to move back to my hometown of London and be a lawyer there. I moved to Canada when I was 18 to start college. I am now 25 and I am so excited because I can finally pass the bar and become a lawyer!

I walk over to baggage smiling the whole way there, I stand and wait for a few minutes until my zebra-print suit case comes around. I grab it and make my way to the door. My iPhone vibrates and I check the message.

sorry babe I won't be able to come get you, Luna is sick xoxo.

I sigh as I text my fiancé back.

It's ok i'll just take a cab. :) xoxo

Ok got to go she is crying :/ xoxo

I chuckle a little at the thought of Mason taking care of our niece Luna while she's sick, he's not good with kids.

Once I'm outside I see a long line of cabs. I am about to walk to one but one zooms right into my path. A man hops out, he is about 40, 6'2, 180 lbs and very muscular.

"Hello, cutie need a ride," he says in a strong Texas accent. I feel very awkward but I reluctantly nod my head. He grabs my suitcase and throws it in the trunk. Right before he closes the trunk I here a small cry an he whisper-yell to "be quiet". I shake my head and slowly climb into the front seat.

He climbs in and says "so where are you travelling back from?"

"I'm coming back from London"

"Oh what were you doing there?"

"I was studying law there. I want to become a lawyer. My fiancé and I are going to move back to London."

"Oh you have a fiancé?"

"Yea" I here him mumble something and it almost sounds like "even better".

~Flashback~

My mum and I had just gotten into Canada to visit my dad. I was 12 at the time. We were outside of the airport and a cab zoomed in front of us. A man about 25 came out and asked us if we wanted a ride. He had a Texas accent. My mum said sure and we got in the car. He talked to my mum and asked he why we were here. She said we were here to visit her husband. The cab driver mumbled "even better"

~End of Flashback~

It had been 45 minutes and I still haven't seen anything that was near my house. In fact it looked like we were going outside of town. I close my eyes and after a few minutes we stopped. I was about to open my door when I felt someone grab my arm. He put a gag in my mouth and drug my out of the car. He shouted at me not to move and I nodded my head. He went around to the trunk and opened it. After what felt like an entirety but was only a few minutes he drug a middle aged lady out. He pulled he into the warehouse and then he came and got me. I was drug into the warehouse and I was shocked at was was in there. There where four dead bodies hanging from the ceiling, in the corner there was a two foot glass container half full with wedding and engagement rings.

It all adds up! This man takes married and engaged women and men, kills them and takes there wedding rings! He walks over and says

"I've been waiting 13 years for you..."

THE END