PLOT

Falling for the same guy as your best friend is crossing a line, and Freya knows it. She understands that Tayler is completely off-limits, as part of the unspoken rules of the girl code.

When Tayler's family decided to move to Belgium, he asked Thalia to stay in touch through email. At first, Thalia replied, but she soon lost interest and stopped responding. What Thalia didn't know was that Freya had secretly liked Tayler for a long time. Feeling sorry for him, Freya started replying to Tayler's emails, pretending to be Thalia. But when Tayler suddenly announced his return to the USA, Freya came clean to Thalia, admitting what she had done. She begged Thalia to keep Tayler in the dark and continue the deception they had created.

To be in love means always putting their happiness first, making sure they feel cherished and valued. But when you fall for someone you shouldn't pursue, the focus shifts to hiding your feelings. Loving someone means wanting their joy above everything else, even if it means watching them find happiness with someone else—possibly even with your best friend.

The real challenge is whether Freya can hide her feelings from Tayler.

Once a nerdy kid, Tayler Mitchell has grown into a handsome young man, finally catching the eye of his long-time crush, Thalia Emerson. Over the years, Tayler kept in touch with Thalia, unaware that it was actually Freya responding to his emails, as Thalia had quickly lost interest. 

Now, after eight years, Tayler has returned to the U.S. for college. When he meets Thalia in person, he finds she's not quite the same as the person he knew through emails. As Tayler spends more time with Freya, he discovers their shared interests and starts to develop a growing attraction towards her.

This leaves him in a state of confusion. What will happen when their undeniable chemistry moves beyond friendship?