Chapter 1: Pool Chats

Mother sets the food out on the table, roast dinner with extra gravy. I take a seat opposite my father and flash a smile. But he's too busy on his laptop to notice. After dinner I rinse my plates and head up stairs.

"Going to study mom!" She looks over her shoulder and nods. I skip a step as i run up into my room which is in the attic. Forget studying, I push my books off my bed and grab my phone before climbing out the large balcony and up onto the roof. The stars glimmer with the moon as the wind wips around my ears. I pull on my wooly jumper as i pull my phone out to message Alex.

'Outside.' His windows opens right away. I watch him copy my movements to climb onto the roof next to me, a slight gap separates us, but it's close enough.

"Hey Alex." He smiles and throws me a chocolate bar, I catch it perfectly making him send me a thumbs up.

"Great practice Jenn." We both scoot to the edge of the roof.

"I don't want to be in the netball team." He shrugs his shoulders and looks up to the stars.

"Jennifer off the roof please." With a sigh I roll my eyes making him laugh.

"Yep. I better go now then. See you tomorrow Alex." We both stand and wave goodbye before jumping down onto the balcony, Alex runs straight inside but I open my lounge chair and lie back. Car lights slow outside the house to the right of mine, loud mutters and hushes exit the car and make their way to the house, as I stand to see, my mother calls me again.

"Jennifer!" With a groan I take a quick peak, just enough to spot five boys and a middle aged women. They all hold boxes except one who holds two dogs, one in each arm. His dark hazle eyes lock with mine, a small smirk dances on his lips as he looks away and enters the house. Throwing my head back I slam the doors shut behind me and jump under the covers as my mother's footsteps gain closer to my door.

"Night mom."

"Night huny, we have guests tomorrow." Before I can ask, she slams the door and heads back down.

But the boys face and eyes are printed into my mind as I drift off to sleep with the sound of the waves outside my open windows. One perfect thing about living by the beach, the sounds and the feelings.

****

I slam my hand onto the alarm beside me before swinging my legs over the bed. With a small scoot I stand and make my way down stairs.

"Ah, Jennifer." I freeze in the kitchen doorway, the five boys and middle aged woman stands before me. I cover up my bare legs before running back to my room to change. "Jennifer hurry up, these boys want to meet you." I squeal in anger and excitement.

With a last look in the mirror I pull over a cream wooly jumper over my black top, tight light blue leggings with white socks and my light blue converse.

"Should be okay."

"It is okay." I spin on my heels to be greeted with a short handsome boy, his dark green eyes collide with his blond shaggy hair and square jaw - line.

"What are you doing in here?" I grab my phone of the bed and pace towards him.

"Taking a peek to what's on offer. My names Foster by the way." He holds out his hand with his other in his hoddie pocket. I grab his hand and nod.

"Foster, nice. Jennifer." He nods with me before I pull away and let him lead downstairs. Muffled voices and laughs boom up the staircase as we pratically run down them, landing with a bang on the hard wooden floor.

"Hey mom." I hug my mother like I do every morning, she spins me around to greet the five eager boys sitting at the table.

"This is the boys mother, Mrs.Hutcherson." She shakes her head.