Chapter 1: A new Beginning.

All I can remember is the smell of burnt wood, my body drifting in and out of consciousness.

I remember seeing my home, the home I grew up in, being burnt to the ground.  I woke up in a hospital bed. The beeping of machines everywhere. I heard footsteps, so I went to sit up. Just then I heard my mom. "OH MY GOD, JASMINE, YOU'RE OKAY!"             "Mom, you don't have to worry about me, I'm alright."  I was curious as to how this happened, so I asked.   "Mom, I remember the house being burnt down, but I can't remember how it happened."      "Honey, as much as it pains me to say this, it was Alexander."  at this point, I was very confused.  My own mother had just told me that Alexander, my boyfriend of 2 years, had tried, and succeeded in burning my house to the ground.  I was quite curious, so I asked why he had done this.  "I don't know, that's why I'm going to court next Thursday."   "But, I don't want to see him!" "I know, that is why I am sending you to your grandmother's on tomorrow."  "What, you can't take me to Grandma's. She's weird, and creepy too!" "I'm sorry Hun, but it's our only choice."  "Fine" I complied, irritability evident in my voice.    The doctor said that I was ready to be discharged, I went home and started packing for grandma's.