A Gem 💎 A Riddle 🔎 A princess 👑

Once upon a time, there lived a princess. A young, beautiful, delicate yet selfish princess.

The spoilt princess could have everything she desired. And one day as she waltzed around in her balcony, while yawning lazily she exclaimed "What I want right now is a jewel . One that'll illuminate the sun's rays on its surface. Of the finest beauty in the world. I want it. I want it more than anything."

The spoiled princess sighed and sat on a nearby chair, gazing out at the view of the forest behind her castle.

That moment a young knight on duty near her quarters, happened to overhear the princess' wish.

The boy was about her age. He had blonde, shoulder length hair. Gracefully tied in a low ponytail in the back of his head. His eyes were a beautiful cerulean color. And even though his appearance might sound as one of a gentleman. He had a goofy personality, keeping his intelligence hidden for some.

He approached the princess and called out to her. The princess startled turned around to face the one who called her, only to find one of her knights standing under her balcony by himself.

The princess pushed some of her blonde hair behind her ear and quickly got up and straightened her dress. She gazed down the short balcony once again.

"Your royal highness, I happened to overhear your wish. And in order to please you, I'm willing to go find the jewel you so dearly want." Said the boy honestly.

"Oh really?" Exclaimed the princess, fanning herself with her silky fan slowly. "If you wish to fulfill my desire then you must find the jewel I so much want."

"Is the gem you desire in this town your majesty?" Asked the boy.

"I'm not quite sure myself. But many people have found what I desire in this very kingdom of mine. The gem might be close by right now too. Who knows?" Replied the princess, now gazing at the boy's eyes.

"If that's the case your royal highness I'll go search right now!" Exclaimed the young knight enthusiastically.

"Come back here tomorrow then. And let's see what you have found." Said the princess and then walked back into her chambers. A smirk plastered in her face.

'As if he would be able to please me to the very least. Filthy peasants..'

The next day, at noon once again, the knight approached the princess' balcony with a distressed look.

"Well, did you find my gem yet?" The princess asked with a small smirk playing on her lips.

"I'm sorry your majesty. But the gem you so desire, was nowhere to be found." Exclaimed the knight and bowed to her apologetically.

The boy was expecting to be scowled by the spoiled princess, like all the other servants, but when he heard her giggle, he was caught off guard.

The young man gulped and spoke once again."May I know more about the gem you want milady?"

The princess looked thoughtful for a moment but then replied " I can't say much to describe it, but I can riddle you about it."

The boy's head perked up and from his kneeling position he took hold of his master's hand and kissed the top of it before he spoke. "If you love riddles allow me to be your company. Ask me as many times you wish..

.. I will answer them all"

The boy wasn't sure why the princess would riddle him to find the secret jewel she so desired. If only he understood why, maybe he would feel like he'd be able to solve the riddle.

"What I desire is what's behind the jewel. And I'm certain only one person can find it." Said the princess mysteriously.

The puzzled boy nodded and determined, he set off to find that mysterious gem his master desired.

This cycle went on for days. And the days turned into weeks and the weeks into a month.

A whole month had passed since the knight's and princess' encounter. And yet, the blonde haired knight had no clue about the gem's location.

However, he kept visiting the princess. At noon, every day. It had become they're routine to chat together and riddle each other. Laughing together under the sun's rays.

Everything kept being this way... until one very day.

The knight had a confident look on his face,his eyes shining under the sun's light.

And as he spoke, the spoiled princess found herself shocked for the first time in a while.

The knight bowed down to his knees and spoke clearly, staring at the ground.

"Your royal highness... Your gem has been found."

Said the knight and looked up at the princess' shocked blue orbs.

"You can't.." Mumbled the princess with her mouth agape.

"YOU CANT HAVE FOUND IT! THERE'S-" The princess was cut off.

"There's no gem." Said the knight smiling.

The blonde haired princess was at a loss of words. He had found out. He'd leave too. But wait... What was his reason again?

"And why is my gem non existent ?" Asked the princess, regaining her pride once again.

"Because your majesty, you've said so yourself from the very start. What you want so dearly isn't the gem itself, but what's behind it." the knight paused to see if he had the princess' attention.

Once he saw that he had her full attention he continued.
"You've been getting gems this whole time milady. Because what's behind those gems are bonds with other people. And I assume, by coming here every day, I've made a pretty good with you your majesty." He grinned.

The princess was shocked that someone had finally solved her riddle, and with that ease too!

".. quite a bond indeed" The princess mumbled and giggled at the end.

Her spoiled act started to break into pieces and a cheery mood had overwhelmed her.

And without hesitation she gave a kiss to the knight's cheek. Making the knight immediately flush red, putting a tomato to shame.

The spoiled princess, Rin, was now becoming more and more generous and kind every day. The knight, Len, was no longer made fun from his colleagues. And their small bond got stronger and stronger, resulting to the two soul mates to fall in love with each other. And finally get married.

And they finally lived happily ever after.

And all that, thanks to a non-existent gem! Who'd known!