Prolouge

"I'm scared. This whole thing scares me. After all this time I thought I'd be used to you leaving but I'm not and it terrifies me." Harry stayed silent. He's dealt with the pain of seeing Louis crushed over him leaving, but it hurts him every single time. He hates having to turn his back on his family that he loves so deeply, but it was he job. This was something he felt he just had to do.

"Louis you know I love you, and I love Darcy. I will be back. I always am." Harry responded. He rubbed his boyfriends back, kneading his fingers through Louis' soft hair.

"But what if you aren't? This isn't a one time thing Harold. You come back and you keep coming back but you also keep going there. And it's as if you will keep going until something happens to you. I just can't afford to lose you. You mean to much to us." Darcy was sleeping in her stroller, her thumb in her mouth.

"Louis I'm sorry. But I'm going to go out there, and the whole time I'm going to fight until every say breath is taken from me for you Lou. I'm going to fight for you and Darcy. And next year, I'll retire and get another good job. I'll be able to say that I did a good cause, and it was for you." Louis nodded, burrowing his head into his soon-to-be husband's chest and letting out sobs.

"I just love you so much. I don't want her to grow up and not have you around." Louis cried. Harry nodded his head, resting it atop of Louis'.

"I'll be back." Even while saying those words, Harry wasn't so sure himself if it was true. He wouldn't admit it, but he was petrified.

"Can all recruits please assign to the main gate?"

Louis let out another cry, griping onto Harry's uniform.

"Harry I love you. Don't leave, please." Louis pleaded.

Harry sighed.

"I have to Lou. But I'll be back in five months. I love you." Harry tilted Louis' chin up, kissing away his flowing tears and than giving him a sweet kiss on the lips. Louis sighed into the kiss, loving the feeling and trying to cherish it for the next five months.

"You be back Harold. You better be back. And you better call me, every day, or I swear Harold..." Louis didn't know what was wrong, but this was the most sad he's been. He had a terrible feeling he just couldn't shake off. It was worst than any sadness he felt before, and he had to bid farewell to his lover many times before.

"I will babe. I promise." Harry gave Louis one last peck, kissing Darcy on the cheek, her thumb in her mouth.

Harry slung his bag over his shoulder, following the rest of the recruits to the main gate.

And Louis stood still, Holding Darcy in her stroller, watching the love of his life walk away for the next five months.

The other families stood around him, but he can only watch Harry. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stop crying.