Recollection

Regret awoke from being shaken by two large hands on each of his shoulders. He couldn't see this person because it was dark and his eyes were aching. It was cold, yet, his eyeballs were stinging and burning in his skull. There were voices nearby. Regret tried to move his body, but it was unlikely as he was binded with rope on a chair.

"The boss is gonna be so pleased, don't ya think? Ha ha, we managed to get hold of both o' them!"

"Just drive, you little shit."

To his delight, his mouth wasn't taped up or muffled with fabric, yet he was smart enough to remain silent. The person who woke Regret up whispered in his ears, "Don't say anything, all right? This wasn't meant to fucking happen," as he kept Regret binded on the chair. This person didn't seem to like what was happening, what ever it was.

--

Regret was getting ready for school one day, and he saw his reflection in the mirror . . . At first, he thought it was his imagination, but he blinked twice and gave a small slap to the cheek. It held the same figure as Regret Wealth, but instead of holding any colourful features, this reflection was the void of Regret. Black. All of his reflection was black but his eyes. His eyes were a blue highlight that made him look like a neon sign sighted at the peak of night.

"W-Who are you!?" Regret asked stupidly to his morbid reflection.

It only eyed Regret and for a second, he thought his eyes turned a bright yellow, but it only grinned at him, with no response. And with that, Regret left the house, and decided to go and take an eye test after school.

During break, Regret excused himself from his small group of friends and hurried to the bathroom around the corner of the library. Usually, no one was there, as he liked it. He could never go to the toilet when there was someone else in the room, it was too awkward. Regret glanced at the wall mirror to see his normal self, dark brown hair with blue orbs that glistened due to the bathroom light, his baggy, grey tank top and a pair of ashy red loose shorts. Accompanied with his casual look, he wore his leathered sandals because his sister told him that orange flip-flops aren't 'cool' anymore.

So, Regret hurried to do his business, washed his hands and-

His diiferent reflection was back again, black with two blue suns. Instead of Regret speaking, it spoke before he could run away.

"Oh, hello hello hello there," it spoke to Regret, his tone was cheerful but full of sarcasm, "I don't believe we've met! I'm Regret! But I suppose we're in your world, so YOU'RE Regret. That would make me . . . Regret Number Two!" The person who called himself Regret, broke into an outrageous laughter that might have been heard from outside. Or it could be Regret going insane. Regret convinced himself that it was just a trick, and that someone decided to play a prank on him. Everyone knows about his insecurities in the bathroom.

"Uh, how are you doing that . . . ?" Regret asked, hesitantly, but curious. Regret Number Two had looked at him for a strong 20 seconds before breaking into laughter once more, this time, more ferociously. Furious and embarrassed, Regret pushed the doors open and left the room. How could he be humiliated like that? Laughed at, in the bathroom, from a stupid mirror prank! But before Regret was out of earshot from the man inside the mirror, Regret Number Two yelled out to him,

"Hey! We'll talk later, okay?! Back at your house, I need to ask you some favours!", and the voice faded away as Regret had to forcefully ignore the comment.