one // kisses.

✧✩✧

"This isn't okay." Roman breathes out, voice barely above a whisper. The hot breath against Remus' cheek sends a shiver down his spine, and he lets out an almost manic giggle.

"When has that ever stopped us before?"

Fire renewed in Roman's eyes, he surges forward.

One kiss turns to two, then three, then five, and soon they've forgotten where one begins and the other ends. As it should be.

"I've missed you." Roman admits, much later on when everything has stilled. "I've missed me."

"Good," is all Remus says before initiating round two.

Throughout the night, after their activities, the darker creativity barely sleeps. He doesn't want this tentative truce to end, doesn't want Roman to realize the mistake he made in welcoming Remus with open arms. He expects it when his other half leaves the bed in the early hours of the morning. He expects it when the door closes quietly behind him.

He does not expect Roman returning an hour later with breakfast and a new-found concern from the tears on Remus' face.

"Remus -?" The question is quiet, small. Enough for them.

In a wobbly voice, he responds with something equally simple. "Roman."

"Great Zeus, Remus, I'm so sorry. I should have left a note, or - or woken you up, or - stars, I'm an idiot -"

The darker half giggles, truly giggles, and puts a hand over Roman's mouth. "Shut up. Shut up, oh my God, you're so dumb." Roman laughs, too, once he's sure Remus is okay.

"I am sorry."

Remus shoves a handful of pancakes into his mouth, grinning at Roman's disgusted expression as chunks fall to the floor. "For what?" More half-chewed bits fly out.

Roman gags and playfully shoves his... friend? Other half? Partner? "I take it back, you're disgusting." His person who he has a confusing relationship with* mock pouts, resting his face (which is covered in food bits) onto his lap. "Wha- No! Get off of me you scoundrel!"

One playful shove turns into a pillow fight to the death, and Roman is quickly overpowered and pinned to the ground.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"This is pretty gay," Roman comments, swallowing harshly at the hands on his chest and legs straddling his own.

Instead of the romantic speech he was expecting, however, Remus just gives him a wolfish grin and bites back. "Yeah, no shit Sherlock."

Roman sputters at the response and breaks into a peal of surprised laughter. "Why did I ever expect different?"

"Because you're a dipshit."

"Well there's no need to be rude about it -"

"Shut up and kiss me dork."

And he does. And he does and he does and he does. It feels like he's finally been given a breath of fresh air after years of living in smog.

"Shut up," Remus growls again. "I can hear you thinking in cliches from here." If Roman had any protest, the thing Remus does next on his neck quickly shuts his thoughts off for him.

And if they spent the next few hours repeating the process? Well, that's no one's business but theirs.

✧✩✧

514 words.
6/22/2020