When it's right infront of you / P.1 (edited)

Hey guys! I wrote the Part One before already but then I realized that it was horrible. I tried to edit it, but I decided to just change the story. Here is the Chapter One. I tried my best to sound more formal compared from the last one. I think this one is better than the other one. I enjoyed writing this and I hope you guys will enjoy reading it. Please comment me what you think. Feel free to critic my work and suggest me something to change. Help me make my writing skills (if I ever have one) improve. This is pretty much like an introduction. Please tell me if it sounded boring. Comment me how to make it more fun to read. I decided to practice writing stories since I love fantasizing things especially before I go to bed or inside the car just looking by the window.

I would be honoured if you voted and become one of my fans. Thank you for taking your time to read this. Have fun!

Chapter One

It was one of those nights when I wonder to myself why I haven’t been really in love yet.  I’m not ugly; it’s just that I have lack of self-confident. When I mingle, I want someone to be with me. So you see I’m not one of those girls that you’d call a social butterfly. I could be at times when I’m with someone I feel comfortable with but when I’m alone, I sometimes feel like a loser. Girls who own a phone are lucky because they get to fake text when people are surrounding them so they won’t look like an idiot. Actually, I think of myself as a loser. Why? I don’t own a phone, I have never kissed anyone, and lately not any guys asked me out yet, or confessed that they like me. Most of the guys in my school are pretty much in love with Tiffany, the most popular sophomore girl. She’s popular because her family owns one of the best to restaurant in the city. She’s mostly friends with rich kids too. Sometimes, they only hang out with not-so-rich girls when they need something from them like copy off their homework.

You’re probably wondering who I am now. I’m glad to say that my name is Mandy. I go to Fort High which is a pretty big school. I’m a sophomore, and so far I like school. I focus on my studies because I care about my grades a lot. Most of my friends think of me as the cool nerd, and my best friend prefers calling me the best nerdy friend.  Hayley is my best friend; we met since first grade when it was her first day going to my school. She was with our teacher crying, and then suddenly they approached me. My teacher asked me if I could play with Hayley since she doesn’t know anyone yet. I said no problem and from that time on, I tried my hardest to be friendly. Hayley finally talked to me and we got along well. That day, there was also a new guy who came. His name was Mason, which is my best guy friend now. First grade, first day he was being annoying. I was playing with Hayley when he randomly threw a rock to us. That’s where it all started. I didn’t cry when he hit me. He went up to us and asked if he could play with us. The three of us have been hanging out since then and we’ve been really close through those past years. Now that we’re sophomores, we always try our best to keep the three of us close and not drift away. When we were freshmen, we barely had the same classes so it was hard for us to keep up. Through that entire year we tried to hang out as long as we don’t have homework to worry. We did it, but we realized that this next upcoming year which is being a sophomore is going to be harder. Then again, over the summer we tried to hang out almost every day and promised again to not ditch each other. The best part is the three of us have more classes together this year than last year.

The first day of school was actually pretty awesome. The three of us kept our promise and hang out during lunch except that there was someone with Hayley. James is one of the best sophomore basketball players. He and Hayley had been going out for almost two weeks now. They met at this party where Hayley ditched me just to hang out with James. I enjoyed that party even though it was the first time that Hayley completely ditched me just because of a guy. I mentioned earlier that I don’t mingle much when I’m alone but there are times that I just feel like making friends. That’s when I met Vince. I was standing alone when he went up to me and asked if I needed something to drink. I didn’t know why he talked to me or went up to me but I replied “No, thanks. I’m good.” I thought he was going to leave me, but he didn’t. He asked me about Mason and I being friends. After a few minutes, we started talking about different things. Vince was really fun to talk to, and I didn’t feel shy at all when I was talking to him. At first I was but then as time pass, I feel like we’ve been friends for a long time. When he said he needed to leave, I thought he was going to ask me out but he didn’t.