Day 1

"Rate me from 1-10! 10 is the highest ha! So, how beautiful am I?"

Here we go again. I stared at her for a couple of minutes and still refused to answer. Why am I in this situation again?

"Ulitin ko ha? Gaano ako kaganda puta tagal!"

I laughed when she scrunched her nose that shows her annoyance. I can quickly give her my answer but I just don't want to. Teasing her is more entertaining to see.

"Why is it important? My opinion wouldn't matter anyway. You're a narcissist and my answer would automatically end up invalid. No doubt!"

It's hard to end the conversation especially when it comes to her. She's just too pushy all the time and won't stop if it doesn't satisfy her.

"Alam mo feeling ko talaga crush mo ako! Ang dali lang ng tanong ko e. Kung mababa ibigay mo, edi mababa pero syempre hindi ako papayag pag ganun tangina ka!"

See? She's just being..... her. We grew up in the same neighborhood and I'm still not used to this random question of hers. We can say that she's so weird.... but it doesn't bother me anyway.

"Can we just talk about your plans this vacation? I also need a break from stress and from you."

I looked at her and her reaction is priceless! She frowned and pouts which looks idiotic... and cute.

No, no no.

I shook my head to remove the thought, it suddenly made me uncomfortable. I need to get out of here asap.

"Break mo ulo mo! Well, plano nila mama mag-bakasyon sa probinsya at magtanim ng kung anu-ano. Farm life kumbaga, hays. Siguro kailangan ko rin ito! Wala na akong ginawa kundi gumamit ng dating app magdamag at makipagusap sa kung sino. Nakakapagod naman."

I do agree that she always use that stupid dating apps to meet some strangers. I didn't even date to try those and never will, meeting someone you met online is absurd.

It irritates me to see her enjoying those nonsense apps too much just to fill in those 'voids'. That's what she explained to me before. No guys can satisfy her needs more than— nevermind.

"Eh ikaw ba? Anong balak mo? Set ba kita ng ka-blind date bago tayo maghiwalay ng landas pansamantala? It will be fun, I swear! If you don't like her, sabihin mo agad sakin para magawan ko ng palusot."

Blind dates are not my cup of tea and I'm also not in a rush. I don't like girls that only wants temporary fun. I date to marry and it won't change ever.

But then again, my mouth has its own brain and told her that it's fine. Damn this mouth!

"As long as she had the traits that I need then I'm fine with it. Anyways, I'm planning to go in France alone for a while. I'll be leaving 5 days from now so let me tell you in advance that don't miss me too much, okay?"

Going somewhere alone is the healing and relaxation I need. I've been to numerous countries without my family and still had fun. I can say that this is my guilty pleasure of all, travelling alone and do things that I never thought of.

It's been a rough year for me and my brain has to reset from thinking of her too much since it tires the hell out of me. Her, my childhood friend, Nisa.

"Ang kapal ng mukha mo! May isang linggo pa naman ako na nandidito kaya sulitin na natin! Basta sumipot kang leche ka ha? May nahanap na ako para sayo! Osha, uwi na tayo panget. Gabi na, inaantok na ako puta ka."

I checked my phone and it's already 10:34 PM. What the hell! We've been here outside her house for 4 hours straight, just talking. I just shook my head and smiled.

This is the first time after a couple of months of being busy to talk this long. Luckily, our houses are just beside one another. We indeed catch up and our connection's pretty much the same after not seeing each other always. Nothing ever change.

"Ngiti ngiti ka pa diyan! Pasok na ako, good night panget! Pasalamat ka bibigyan parin kita ng ka-blind date kahit hindi mo sinagot tanong ko hmp! Umuwi ka na! Bye!"

She waved goodbye and went inside her house. I remained in my place for a while while looking at her house even though she's already inside.

I know that she won't stop giving me laughs and all. She's also too caring and her being talkative is tiring to hear yet that's what makes it interesting.

I'm now in front of our gate and took a last look at their house.

Ten out of ten.

I silently murmured to myself before going inside the house.