Bitter and Sweet (Prologue)

A gift consists not in what is done or given, but in the intention of giver or doer.   - Lucius Annaeus Seneca

its been 2 weeks since i got back from California. Still flustered from what happened 2 years ago, i came back unannounced, well, my family and some close pals knew that I'm back. tssss.... i should've moved  on, its been 2 years already for crying out loud, but unfortunately my unforgiving and not forgetting memory  cannot just erase the fact that i was humiliated on my own day, Yeah this happened during my Birthday, my supposedly happy 24th year. I cannot just forgive and forget can I? the not so beautiful movie scene clip has been replaying like a pirated dvd in my mind and its making me crazy. and because of that i hated celebrating birthdays, mine that is.  And this time around i'll make sure he  wont forget his 30th. Or Hell will break loose. I'll make sure of that. 

From 2 years ago. 

Grabe, Che, I'm so excited! This'll be the best birthday ever!!! I shouted and hugged her.

Ano ba? wala pa oh? hindi pa nga sila tumutugtog eh tsaka wala pa sila. Excited masyado. Che glared at me and laughed.

after an hour of waiting finally they arrived. A black van pulled over. Calde came out from the van and  immediately waved when he saw us.

Kanina pa kayo? he said before he took a sip of his Milkshake.

About an hour... I answered. My eyes was focused on the vans door and once again someone came out, MIggy. Just like, Calde he waved and smiled and came running towards us.

"Happy Birthday, Girl!"  Miggy greeted and hugged me. 

thanks! you didn't forget?! I smiled and hugged him back. 

Miggy saw me staring at the van helplessly. I wanted to go check if he's there, but i shook the idea  out of my head when i saw Miggy looking at me as if I'm gonna run off and rummaged the van myself. 

" Hay, ano ba kasi ang tinatanaw mo? Andito naman ako? " Miggy laughed as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. 

"Just this one time Please? Miggy? Just this once? Yaan mo muna ako sa pagiging fangirl. Its my birthday today. Dont ruin it. " I said to him pleading. 

" Okay, Okay!! Fine, I'll go and get him." Miggy walked briskly to the van and came back with that one person I've been wanting to see. MONG. my MONG.

" O, yan na ha. Okay na tayo?" Miggy asked.

I smiled widely as I pull out the camera out of my bag. 

After taking pictures and their set was done.  

I was intensely and insanely happy.  

But that happiness was instantly replaced by sadness and  anger.

I was about go back to our table but I heard Mong and a girl  talking. Must be Brina. Mong's bitchy gf. What is doing here anyways?She's not even invited! the nerve of showing up on my birthday! but my wild thoughts of attacking her stopped when i heard Mong.

I'm sorry, I know, I know. That's it. Plus, I dont wanna be here in the first place. Ginawa ko lang naman yun kasi birthday nya.  Mong explained to Brina.

She's not even worth your time, that groupie!! Ang kapal ng mukha to even demanded such! Brina said.

Umiiwas na nga ako but she has ways.  She's good friends with the others, I just cant shoo her. For  sure mag-aaway lang kami ni Calde and Miggy. I dont even like her myself. Mong assured her.

Really? Prove it! Brina challenged him. 

I went back to the washroom. Disappointed of what I heard. I never thought he didn't like me at all. My thoughts was interrupted when my phone rang. It was Miggy. 

Hey... i was unsure of what to say to him.

Where are you missy? Tinubuan na ng kalyo pwet ko dito..

Yeah, Papunta na, interrupted him and Hung up.

With a pilit smile on my face, a heavy heart and almost teary eyed, I walked towards our table. My heart was beating way too fast, I might get some serious heart attack, but what the hell. One more word from those two and i will surely die tonight. 

Hindi pa man ako nakakaupo...

YOU!!!!  WHO ARE YOU TO DEMAND?? ANG KAPAL NG MUKHA MO TO THIS TO HIM! HE DOESNT EVEN LIKE YOU FOR CHRIST SAKE. HE NEVER EVEN WANTED TO BE HERE. ALAM MO BANG HE AND I ARRANGED A DATE TONIGHT??? AND YOU, THE NOT SO IMPORTANT PERSON IN HIS LIFE DEMANDED HIM TO BE HERE. YOU'RE SO PATHETIC THAT YOU NEED TO BEG FOR PEOPLE TO SHOW UP ON YOUR PARTY. she shouted in my face. But she wasn't done yet with her speech. Tell her Mong!! 

Mong looked at me in the eyes. My heart beat fast, way too fast. Faster than a cheetah running in the wilds.

You heard her. I dont wanna be here. I just came here because Miggy and the rest of the guys asked me too. And one last thing, dont bother me no more. He said looking all disgusted and left. 

I stood motionless, I cant move my legs. Hindi ko na namalayan, tears have been running down my face.  I felt that my heart stopped beating. I cant breathe. My brain cant seem to compensate anymore. It protected itself.  My vestibulocochlear cranial nerve blocked the transmission from hearing. Words faded and everything went blank and black. 

You made a mistake unleashing the monster out of me, Mong. This time, you'll taste the a bitter and sweet revenge. You and Brina will get the same surprise gift that you deserve.