Chapter 1

A/N: For anyone wondering, this story takes place weeks after training camp.
__________________________

Narrator's POV:

Soma takes the towel of his forehead. A sigh slips out. His heart feels heavy. A few weeks ago...

Flashback

Soma had helped Megumi after an unfair decision that would've resulted in her being expelled. Soma couldn't let that happen. Something so unjustly. He had to stand up for her. The tears in her eyes pained Soma.

Of course they won. With a tie. Soma hated that, he was thriving to win but also it made him relieved. The fact that Megumi was safe calmed him. Being able too see her sweet smile warmed his heart.

After partying in Zenji's room, there were only two people awake. Soma. Megumi. He stood to face Megumi's eyes. Loud silence fills the room.

"Soma.. Thank you." Megumi finally stands. She looks up to Soma, as a nervous wreck, then quickly looked down.
.
.
.
"You're welcome." Soma takes his right hand to hold Megumi's soft rounded chin. They glared into each other's eyes. Soma saw a vibrant yellow, while Megumi saw a passionate orange. The orange was closed off by his soft skin. His face got closer, and soon enough Megumi knew what she was seeing. And currently... feeling. As quickly as it came it left. In the quick moment, she felt the smooth vibrance of his lips. Looking up again as his hand no longer supported her chin.

"Y-Yukihira." Megumi blew out. This caught Soma out of his moment. Startled he looked away from Megumi's blushing face so he could make his own. He spun around and covered his face.

"I'm going to my room. See you tomorrow Megumi." He managed to get out.

*Fin*

It was a big help on the awkwardness for them to not have to be in the same vehicle driving back to campus, although being in the same building would be hard.

During a night of chilling in Zenji's room, Satoshi asked,

"Why the tension between you two?"

A pause went through the group before they started too agree with Satoshi.

Shun cracked a sly smirk, "Maybe it's because they kissed."

They all exploded asking questions like "Are you dating?" Or "How?" and a little of "When?" Megumi and Soma couldn't stop blushing. They tried to eye eachother, wanting to know their expression, but they caught eachother so looked the other way.

(A/N: how am I supposed to explain that..)

"Well, I better get back to my room-"

"That's what you said last time." Shun smugly said.

"YOU JUST LEFT HER LIKE THAT?" The girls exploded.

In a panicked hurry, Soma ran out the room and shut the door behind him, quickly. A fast minute flew by and he found himself panting in his room. He sighed and touched the spot on the ground where his dad had burnt the stew.

"Don't get attached to any girls. That doesn't end well in a place like this. Not everyone is going to make it Soma." He recalls a conversation he had with his father.

Soma mutters under his breath, "I wasn't planning on it. But Megumi.." Soma raises his voice a little, "Megumi has me feeling a certain way!"

"Is that so?" Satoshi says with a smile, watching Soma from his ceiling. The red head gave a shriek. Satoshi giggled and popped down with nothing but an apron on. "Would you be a dear," Satoshi grew a serious expression, "and tell me how the kiss went?"

"Ah well-" Soma explained the whole story. From how a chef didn't like a perfect meal he sabotaged. So he couldn't bear the thought of Megumi leaving, but disguised it as unfair treatment. I mean, he wasn't lying. He explained the food war- (which made Satoshi a deep angry). He talked about how he saw Megumi with tears and didn't want to just fight with food, but he should catch dees hands before I go straight for the belt musty eyed crusty b-

*ahem*

And how he wanted to just hug her all night. Satoshi smiled.

"I'm glad you guys are here with us. But you're always so wreckles. One day, things won't end up on your side of the bargin." Soma scoffed, took a deep breath, and just... smiled. Satoshi sighed, "But I guess it won't be happening anytime soon." A silence fell for a couple of seconds.

"Ah! Soma. I'm sure you'd love to have this." Satoshi handed Soma a had written note that was placed in an envelope. The pink envelope was sealed with a heart stamp. "From a certain someone."

Soma's heart got pumping. "Who?!" Satoshi chuckled. "Well open the letter to find out silly." Satoshi stood up, "I'll be on my way back to Zenji's room. Megumi didn't want to tell the boys the details." He said with a pouty face on his way back to the door. Room 303 opened. Then closed. Leaving Soma, and a letter.

Carefully, he broke the seal too see a blue paper folded nicely. He took it out with precision. He carefully unfolded the letter. The note read:

"Dear Soma,
I need too tell you something important. As soon as possible. So after school tommorow at the place where we had our assembly, please meet me there. You'll never know who it is or what I have to say too you if you don't come... SO COME!!
- Signed
hehe not yet"

Soma was fired up he folded the note to fit in his pocket. His sleep was glorious that night.
.
.
.

Time Skip
Assembly Place

Soma walked tiredly to the Assembly Place. It was a huge area so he had no idea where this person was. Until he heard a familiar voice call out to him.

"Soma over here!" Megumi's sweet voice chimed in his ear. Her hand waved side to side.

"Oh hey Megumi. Why'd you call me out here."

A blush quickly went over her face as she remembered.

"Ah first I'd like you to try this boxed lunch I made for you."

Soma was surprised, but gave in. He pryed open the box and it was as if it was glowing. The flavor in his mouth was golden and sweet. He could taste everything coming to him at once. The sweet fried chicken with a bit of sour on the lemon, but the honey makes up for it. Or the citrus fruit which was coated in a thick apple juice that glistened in your mouth. The garlic rice was a perfect balance of garlic and rice and together with the chicken they showed each others true colors.

"Megumi, wow that was amazing. You should cook like that more often."

Another blush flushed her cheeks. "But that's not why I called you here." She looked down. "Soma.. what I wanted to say was." She looked up very flustered. She stepped a little closer to him, and hugged him.. "Soma I..."

______________________________

Wow this chapter!!! Amazing am I right? Aha. Just kidding. Anyways I don't expect this to blow up. At least I added a cliff hanger lol. Anyways for like the one read that I'll get. Should I make a part two?