Begin of Spring

Jungkook PoV

I sat on the high stool in front of the bartender and I asked him to get me 10 vodka shots. Only the pianist's music is flowing in the air, a few families eating dinner, couples doing soft talks, other people reading the newspaper while smoking. The silent type restaurant and bar.

The pianist's music is a slow and calming one. The ambience of the bar is soothing and calming. I release a sigh and drank one shot. Then I look at the chandelier lights in the middle of the room. 

How I wish I were one of those light fixtures. It just stays still, but it makes everyone see the beautiful and calming room. The yellow light is enclosed by a curving glass, like a hope of light being shielded from the dark. Once the light is turned off, everyone can't see. 

Like Pitch Black killing Sandman in Rise of the Guardians. Nightmares versus blissful dreams. 

I chuckle at myself and took another shot. 

When did I get so poetic about things? Like always, life is boring. But it suddenly becomes annoying when your parents pick the girl you should marry. 

I take another shot. 

Life has always been boring, yes. You get born, you study, you play, you grow up, you finish studies, you get a job and then get married. That pretty much sums up my life. 

Don't get me wrong, I never had strict parents or rules that made me think that life was like this. I had a normal and happy life but I guess it was only normal and happy when I started to admire someone and had a crush on her. 

I take my fourth shot. 

Her words, "Get me out of this marriage, you stupid oaf!" rang in my ears. My friend, Kim Tae Hyung, always told me she has a wild attitude. Like her English name, she is definitely a rose. 

Like the rose's thorns, she protects herself from the pain and regret. Like the rose's petals, she's very soft and beautiful. Like the rose, she blooms on and off in seasons. 

Another shot. 

"Rough times, young man?" the bartender asked as he wipes the glass with a towel. 

I took another shot and nodded, "She hates me, Mr. Bang." I chuckled, "She even called me a stupid oaf."

Mr. Bang pushed my 7th shot glass in front of me, "Girls change their feelings in time. Have patience."

I drink the 7th shot and shook my head, "Girls are unpredictable. I don't understand them."

"Think about it in a good way, Mr. Jeon," he said and put the check in front of me. "Even though I'm a bartender, I think letting the feelings out with alcohol is a cliche method."

I finished my 8th shot, "Oh? What are the other methods, then?"

"Talking it out? With a friend, of course."

I chuckled, "All my friends laugh at me. I'm the typical theatre symbolism. You know, the happy mask outside and sad mask inside."

"I'm all ears, Mr. Jeon. Besides, I've known you since you were just a 15 year old boy," Mr. Bang puts down the towel he used to dry the glasses with. "You can start from wherever you want."

I finished my last two shots and signed the check. I started to think of when we first met.

"Clearly, I remember the first time we met. She was 15, I just turned 15 the day before..."

---

Newest book to my Rosekook ffs!

"Begin of Spring" is a book that (i think) most of us can relate to. 

I hope you guys like this book! 

ps: 'Moving On' rewrite is almost done, about to re-publish it as well; sorry for the inconvenience!!

enjoy the first 2 chapters!!