Bokuto's Goodbye to Akaashi

"Hey, hey, hey! We did it Akaashi," The owl-like male began to celebrate.
"We graduated!"
"Yeah, we did Bokuto - San." The boy with raven black hair and green eyes gave the excited 'soon to be' college student a half-smile.
"C'mon Akaashi, shouldn't you be more excited?!" Bokuto questioned Akaashi while waving his arms around.
"I am. Very excited."
"Then why don't you look excited?" Akaashi didn't respond. Some of the first years came up to Bokuto and congratulated him.

After the graduation ceremony, the coach and some first years from the volleyball club threw a "going away" party for the third years that were leaving.
"Congratulations you guys!" Onaga chanted.
"Aw, thanks bud!" Bokuto thanked him. Some of the new third years came up to Bokuto and began to converse with him.
"We're really gonna miss you, captain!"
"Yeah, it's not gonna be the same without our amazing ace!"
"Thank you! And I'm sure you all will do great, just keep training hard!"
"Yeah!" Everyone chanted, except for Akaashi.
"And your right, I am amazing!" Bokuto said pridefully.
"You don't have to rub it in, Bokuto." Konoha complained.
"HEY! LET ME HAVE THIS ONE!" Bokuto argued. Bokuto then realized that Akaashi hadn't really talked much or was with anyone during the party. He was on his way to check on him but then he got interrupted by the coach.

After having a good time eating and playing some games, it was time to say goodbye.
"Goodbye everyone, I'll miss all of you!" Bokuto shouts on the brink of tears.
"Bye Bokuto - San!!" The other third year's replied. Some crying, some trying to calm the other down. Again, all except for Akaashi. Bokuto was a little concerned about him, so he started looking for him.
"AkAaShIII!" Bokuto yelled.
"You don't have to yell, Bokuto - San." Akaashi said in a deep tone of voice. Akaashi was cleaning the gym a little bit since the others didn't. Akaashi was picking some paper plates off the floor.
"Why are you cleaning by yourself?" Bokuto questioned him.
"Because no one else would," Akaashi got up, threw away the plates, and started walking out of the gym.
"I have to go now, goodbye, Bokuto San." Akaashi bowed and began to walk outside. It was quiet for exactly 5 seconds, before...
"HUUUH?! YOUR JUST GONNA SAY GOODBYE TO ME LIKE THAT?!"
"What were you expecting?" Akaashi said with a sad but confused expression on his face.
"I DON'T KNOW! BUT DON'T YOU CARE THAT I'M LEAVING?!"
It was quiet again, but eventually, Akaashi broke the silence.
"I do. But,"
"But what?!" Bokuto interrupted him before he could say anything else. 
"I DON'T WANNA SAY GOODBYE. I DONT WANNA HAVE TO SET TO SOMEONE ELSE. AS MUCH AS IT SEEMS LIKE I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU I ACTUALLY DO!"
Bokuto just stood there in shock. He didn't know Akaashi was carrying all of that during the ceremony.
"You should've told me. But I'm already leaving so, why be so mad about it?"
"That's the point! You're already leaving and I'm staying behind, I'm not gonna see you again. I'M NOT GONNA SET TO YOU ANYMORE! WHY DON'T YOU CARE THAT YOUR NEVER GONNA SEE ME AGAIN?!"
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I DON'T CARE?! WHY WOULDN'T I MISS THE PERSON THAT MADE ME ONE OF THE TOP ACES IN THE FIRST PLACE?! I COULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT ON MY OWN AKAASHI! IT JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH..."
Bokuto stopped for a second to try to calm down and wipe a few tears off his face.
"How much it's gonna hurt leaving the person that helped become a good captain without screwing up."

Akaashi didn't know how much he helped Bokuto through his years of volleyball. He knew that Bokuto would mess up if he didn't help so he did, he never saw it as a reason to thank him.
"What are you talking about? I helped you because I knew you'd mess up if I didn't." Akaashi said sincerely.
"IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE A COMPLIMENT OR AN INSULT?!"
"Neither, I'm just telling the truth."
"... you know you didn't have to help but... I'm glad you did. So, thank you."
"Why are you thanking me? You're the one who made our team strong."
"Yeah, but you're the one who made them stronger. Some people don't realize it but, an ace isn't an ace without a setter." Bokuto said with tears filling his eyes.
Akaashi was one of those people who didn't realize it. He never thought he could be that important to someone that they'd go on and tell him about it.
"Kōtarō."
Bokuto was shocked that Akaashi wasn't using jesters. Tears started falling from Akaashi's eyes as he started walking up to Bokuto. He stood right in front of him and gave him a hug.
Bokuto was in even more shock now, even though he felt like he wasn't anything special, Akaashi helped him feel like he could break through any wall that's in front of him. He gave in and hugged him back. Bokuto was happy to have met someone like Akaashi. They let go and wiped the tears out of their eyes.
"Hey just remember, I know all your weaknesses so if we ever go against each other..."
  "Yeah, yeah I know (sniff) hehe."
Akaashi chuckled and let out a sigh.
"(Sigh) man, I'm gonna miss you!"
Bokuto and Akaashi did a little handshake.
"Me too, but let's hope that we'll see each other again."
"Of course." Trying to hold back more tears, they began to part ways.
  "Hey, good luck finding a girlfriend Akaashi."
"Yeah, same goes to you. Haha."

They began to part ways while waving goodbye.
"Man, I hope I end up with a setter as good as Akaashi," Bokuto thought to himself. "Heh, that's impossible."