Just the Beginning

I can say that we had a nice life, nice house, nice job, nice car, but then...I'd be lying. My boyfriend and I have a had a tough life, one that bit us in the ass every single chance that it got. We didn't have "nice" anything. We shared a low-grade apartment with our roommate who had paid more for wifi and games more than bills, we both had our separate cars his was a 2013 Challenger, while I drove a 1978 oldsmobile cutlass. Not as nice as his but we made everything work. He had a job working for a furniture store nearby, I worked as a school bus driver in the next city over. We may not have had a "nice" life like I said, but we were comfortable enough for us to figure out our own way of becoming greater.

                      He had plans to secure his own business and to work his way around the stock market so that he could get better at it. While I was honestly perfectly content taking kids to school everyday, I felt like driving was my calling it was something that I love to do. Yeah, I had thoughts every now and then about what would our life be like if we had more income. But, to me living a simple country life down south sounded like "The Life" in my mind. And boy couldn't I have been more rig

                      It was a sunny afternoon and I'd just finished my morning route, when I thought what's better than spending lunch with my beau. I called him up and asked if he wanted to do lunch so I'd know whether to take the old bridge or the new bridge back home. Especially, since I was currently looking at the new bridge and saw all the traffic backing up already.

"Um, I don't know. I'm already at taco bell." he said. It sounded like he was halfway sleep. "I think ima call you when I get back, okay?" But, before I could say anything the phone sounded like it fell on his end. But, I didn't pay any mind to it especially since that's usually how he gets off the phone when he's busy.

                       I just did what I normally do when we can't meet for lunch. I hopped on the new bridge and maneuvered through traffic just to make it to my grandmas house. It took no less than 30 minutes and I when I got there I immediately heard my daughter laughing from inside. My grandpa had already opened the door for me since it was an everyday thing that I drop my daughter off at 5 in the morning and for back around 8.

"Ma-ma! Ma-ma!" she'd scream as soon as I open the door to my grandmas room. While I stood at the end of the bed, she'd crawl to me super fast embracing me in big hug. "Mama missed you!" I tell her kissing her all over her face before I laid down on my grandmas bed.

                         See everyday, Monday-Friday I had a routine. I wake up every morning at 5, brush my teeth and get ready for work, change my daughter and pack her diaper bag, kiss my boyfriend before I left, drop my daughter off at my grandmas, go to my first shift, go back to my grandmas, play with my daughter before nap time, then go back for my second shift, and me and my daughter are off to our own home to spend time with daddy and then off to bed to repeat. Sometimes, I'd switch it up and my boyfriend and I would take our daughter somewhere to eat for lunch, but on this day we were all well over do for a nap. So, that's exactly what we did before it was time for me to go back to my second shift.

                     When my alarm went off for me to head back to my bus, I'm not gonna lie. I had a bad feeling like something was off and I just needed to figure out what. So, while I was driving I started calling my boyfriend to make sure that everything was alright with him because it's kind of not common that he wouldn't call me back even if he was at work. That was the majority of the reason why he'd been talking about buying AirPods lately. But, for some reason he just wasn't answering or even texting me back. So, I sent him a text saying that I was about to start driving and that if he didn't answer me when I got off I was coming straight to his job. And guess what? If you guessed he didn't answer you were right.