Chapter 1

Emilia's P.O.V
Belinda was always my best friend! She was always there for me. Until that day. She was walking home from school. The car was so fast. I still keep screaming in my sleep for her to move, to save herself, but it never works. And its all my fault!
Let me go back to the beginning...

No... not that far like earlier that day. I was hungry. So I decided to ask my best friend to go to McDonald's with me.

"Oh come on Bel. Just be a good friend and go with me. It will be quick. I promise"

"No way. I always go everywhere with you. Go yourself I need to revise for a test," Belinda whined.

She didn't seem to be giving in, so, desperate times call for desperate measures!
"I'll buy you McDonald's. Your mayo chicken and chips."

"You think I can be bought with food! How-"

"With an extra burger and nuggets on the side"

She smiled at me.
"You know me too well. It's worrying."

We had a couple more lessons but then it was finally time. I was overjoyed to be getting McDonald's. I mean... it was my favourite. The chips were AMAZING and the chicken burgers were awesome. I was in a daydream as I walked out of school.
I heard Belinda screaming my name but I ignored her. I wanted to dream about my McDonald's.
Stupid McDonald's!
I soon found out I had been heading in the completely wrong direction. I heard Belinda screaming at me, about my horrid sense of direction. Her face was all shiny like she had been running after me.
I decided to look around, I was in the middle of a crossing, about 10 minutes away from where I was meant to be right now. Like a 15 minute walk away from McDonald's. Mmmmmmmmm McDonald's. Focus.
Anyway, Bel was cruising the road to get to me, she wasn't looking at the road, just me. Me.Me.Me.Me.Me.My fault. Mine.
There was a car coming full speed ahead. I screamed at her to run... she didn't. She stared as shock crossed hey face. I happened so fast, one minute she was they, asks the next...
4 meters away and breathing heavily. She had jumped back at the last minute. I was so happy I didn't see what was going on. I raced over to her screaming at her for scaring me. I was so happy she lived. Then, in a flash, it was all over. The only thing I remember from that exact moment is the screech of tires and the sound of her screams. She pushed me out of the way. She saved me. I remember her long on the floor after. She wasn't bearing and she had scratches everywhere. There wasn't that much blood, just one main cut on her head.

I couldn't even comprehend what was happening. I was just so... out of it. I kept telling her to save herself, telling her to run like she wasn't already gone. Then the driver came back, apologising whole calling the police. I may kept shaking her. Pressing her to wake up.
And on the end I knew everything that happened... was because of me