Prologue

Hey Hau,

Happy birthday! I hope this letter reaches you before the big day, Pelliper's aren't exactly reliable when it comes to delivering letters all the way to Alola, but if it is a few days late then happy late birthday!

I know it's not the best 18th birthday present but I put a friendship bracelet in the envelope for you. I make them for all of my Pokemon and friends, for some reason I've never made you one before. Better late than never, I guess.

Everything is going well in Galar! It was mine and Bede's 2 year anniversary last week so we went to our favourite place in the wild area for a picnic. We were having a good time until Gloria snuck up behind and scared us. Speaking of Gloria, she renewed her title as Champion for the 5th year in a row. I doubt anyone will be taking her place any time soon. Other than that, things are pretty normal.

I can't believe we've been sending letters for almost 8 years now! It's crazy how quickly time can fly!

Speak to you later!
From Hop :)

• ~ A couple of weeks later ~ •

Alola Hop,

Luckily your letter arrived on the morning of my birthday! Thank you so much for the bracelet! I haven't taken it off since I got it, the Raichu charm is so adorable.

I'm glad everything is going well for you in Galar. As for me, I'm still recovering from my birthday. Gramps threw a surprise party and half of the island came to celebrate it, along with other island kahunas and even Lillie came back from Kanto briefly. I ate so many malasadas that day that I didn't need to eat for two days. Best birthday ever! :)

I actually have an idea. Since we're now both 18 and we've known each other for ages, why don't you come and visit Alola? I could show you some of my favourite spots around the islands and introduce you to our culture. I'm sure your parents and Sonia won't mind if you ask them. I've already asked Gramps and he said it was a great idea! Feel free to bring a friend along with you as well.

Let me know what you think and maybe we'll see each other in a few months? I can't wait!

From your soon-to-not-be long distance friend , Hau