Twenty questions

Ever since you were young, you'd been... Unique as everyone would tell you. You swear they were real, you could almost go out and touch them, but something stopped you.

It was different variations of the same skeletons, you were nothing but a spectator in their stories, but you were entranced by them, they had such more amazing lives than you.

Everyone said you were weird; you always seemed to be in your own world when, in reality, you were in other worlds. You kept searching to see if anyone could see what you did, but for some reason, nobody did.

They called you insane or someone with an active imagination, and by the time you were six, you decided not to search anymore, not actively, anyways.

You always searched online for people with these symptoms with your weird mental condition, because that's what it had to be, right? A mental condition, and as much as you wanted to see others with what you had, you didn't want to get thrown in a mental asylum, so you hid it, saying you were always daydreaming or the like.

You slowly found out more, people called what you saw alternate universes, au's for short, but au's of what? It's the same story, but some with minor changes, some major changes.

The first story you'd ever seen had been a little kid, Frisk was their name, saving the underground single-handedly. But you noticed a lot focused not on Frisk, but two skeletal brothers; Sans and Papyrus.

They weren't always the center of attention, but most times, they were. There are two skeletons which you desperately wish was real, because maybe then he could confirm everything you see.

Error and Ink; The creator and destroyer of all au's. You've seen ink protecting au's from Error, and Error destroying universes like it was nothing. You grew attached to those two skeletons the most; you often looked over to what they were doing, desperately wishing and hoping you could join them.

Because of your weird nature, everyone avoided you, you were just glad you didn't get bullied. Your parents were kind, but you could always tell they were worried and somewhat disappointed with you because of your school grades.

"-n? Y/n!" You heard someone call, snapping your attention back to what was right in front of you, the teacher asked you a question, and you didn't hear, you hated when she did that.

"What's the answer to question five?" She asked, and you looked at the board, then to your notebook full of mostly doodles of those skeletons you saw, trying to find any notes, but not being able to you blurted out a random answer which was wrong.

She quickly called on another student, you looked over to the little pocket mirror as you called them, where you could see Error staring at you? Okay, maybe not at you specifically, but he was staring in your direction.

This wasn't new, skeletons looked at your pocket mirrors often, but usually, they didn't stare, and when they did it was something behind you that you couldn't see, when you were younger you always thought that they actually were staring at you, it made your heart leap with joy to think that they saw you, that they were real, but you quickly realized you were wrong.

So why did this time feel so different? It felt like he was staring at you . You'd never gotten that feeling before, it was... Weird; you couldn't seem to tear your eyes away from him, and him you, well you knew that realistically it wasn't you, but hey, you can dream, right?

The day went by as usual since that, well except for Error staring at (you hoped) you. You could open your little pocket dimensions and choose which ones you wanted to see, sometimes they appeared randomly, but that was fine. Usually, something big was happening then, anyways, like a big fight or something.