Prologue

"Well, hello there Mate. I'm Gabriel."

I stare, eyes open in shock at the man- No God, in front me. I hadn't expected to ever meet my mate. I let out a wide grin, watching as his own mouth turns into a smile. Before he can say anything else, I reach up, grabbing his neck and pull him down to meet my lips.

I sat still, watching the scorched remains of the fire that had long burnt out. My heart felt heavy. How was I meant live? How was I meant to move on?

"What are you making, Loved one?"

His arms wrap around my waist as he leans his head on my shoulder.

"Your favourite. Pancakes with fruit and honey."

He kisses me slowly behind the ear nibbling his way down my neck.

"Do you know what I'd rather have?" He whispers in my ear, sending a chill down my spine.

"No but enlighten me." I turn in his hold to face him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Oh, I can do more than that." He then proceeded to show me right there in the kitchen.

I had been silent the entire time. People had taken it in turns walking up in front of the crowd, talking about him. But I had barely paid attention, how could I?

He shouldn't be dead. He should be next to me.

"Love, you need to wake up." I feel his soft feathered touch as he strokes my cheek. I grumble as I press myself closer to him, breathing in his calming scent.

"Love, please. We have work to do."

I look up to meet his striking blue eyes. "Just a few more minutes please, I am rather comfortable."

I place my head back on his chest and snuggle up to him further.

He lets out a contented sign and holds me closer. "Anything for my little Alpha."

My pack had looked at me for guidance at the start of the funeral, but how could I begin to lead them when my light was gone?

I felt a hand come to rest on my shoulder. I look up to see my Beta Female, Sophia.

"We're heading back to the house. Join us when you are ready."

I don't react and she leaves knowing I need this time. I have felt empty since his death, like my soul has been ripped away from me.

I feel the rain start to fall as I slowly kneel to the ground. One tear drops and then another, and before long my tears were mixing in with the rain.

I let out a scream, releasing the pain and misery that has been building up inside.

He grasps my hand as he slowly places the ring on my finger.

"May I be the only one in your heart, my love, until the very end."

"Until the very end."

And he kisses me softly on the lips.

I just didn't know how quickly that end would come. 

----------------

Hi there!

I have wanted to write this story for a while and I finally have the time to do so. Please enjoy! 

MeganeRose