What them fingers do

You laugh so hard that you nearly spray your drink all over Kōrai Hoshiumi. Who would've guessed that the serious, lethal outside hitter for the Schweiden Adlers was so hilarious and easy to talk to off the court?

You'd been nervous when you first saw him approaching while you'd been searching for your boyfriend Hinata Shoyo around the team's locker rooms. His heavy white brows were scrunched down in a way that made you think he was furious with you. He kept unnerving eye contact with you until he stopped a few steps away, not quite looming since he only had 2 inches over you, but his aura made him seem huge.

"You Hinata Shoyo's girl?" he had demanded.

You had meekly nodded, afraid the opposing player would not believe you and then proceed to call security on your ass (which wouldn't have been the first time), but your fear turned into shock when he'd slapped a heavy hand on your shoulder and boldly announced: "You're a lot cuter in person!"

And now? Now the two of you were cracking up as Hoshiumi tries to get through the rest of his story without stopping to laugh and take a breather.

"I can't believe no one was recording!" you wipe your chin of the rest of the soda that trickled from your lips after nearly spewing it on Hoshiumi. "That would've been gold!"

"I know, right!" The white-haired outside hitter was nearly in tears. "Kageyama would've been sooo pissed but who cares! That shit would've gone viral!"

"I mean, how did he even get that much air and you didn't?! What was Ushijima thinking when he threw him?!"

"Kageyama is a lot taller, so I guess Ushijima thought he'd be heavier and would need to throw him harder?" he laughs and rubs his eyes to clear them. "If I'd still been in the pool when it happened then I would've fucking drowned from laughing so hard."

"The fact that the famous Ushijima Wakatoshi even agreed to throw you guys in the pool like a dad playing with his kids is hilarious in itself! Kageyama being overthrown and missing the pool entirely is just a bonus!"

"Our teammate Nicolas Romero said the same thing! Speaking of the Brazilin, he's probably nagging the team about my whereabouts." Hoshiumi sighs, massaging the back of his neck. His eyes then flick back to you and he grins. "Hey, how about you give me your number so I can send you the video when I ask Nicolas about it, yeah?"

"Yeah! Of course!" you don't hesitate to hand over your phone to the Schweiden Adlers player who already has his hand outstretched to accept it.

When he finishes he hands it back to you with a large grin on his face. "It was fun chatting with you! I'll make sure to send you a text so you get my number. I know you'll be watching your boyfriend during the match, but make sure to cheer for me too! He's not the only short guy on the court who can jump!"

A growing blob of orange catches your eye over Hoshiumi's shoulder. "Oh! Shoyo is coming if you wanna say hi."

Your new friend tenses as a wicked gleam flash in his wide eyes. "When we face I want it to be on the court. See ya around, girly."

He's gone before you have the chance to comment on how corny he sounded. You take a sip of your drink as you think about how similar he and Shoyo are. They may be rivals on the court but that didn't mean they had to be off it too. It never stopped him and Kageyama from hanging out now and then. Even if the two complained about each other throughout the duration of it.

When Shoyo finally reaches where you're resting against the wall, you notice how he seems to be glaring in the direction Hoshiumi's jogged off. You turn your head and glimpse the opposing teams player disappear around the corner before turning back to your boyfriend. You tense when you discover that his burning glare is now on you.