Thunderstorms

Summary:
Jay is scared of the thunder and Mike tries to calm him down during a particularly heavy storm.

Lol yes we all love comfort 😎😎

_____

The apartment complex rattled and shook a little as thunder from afar exploded from the sky, rain lashing pretty violently st the windows. The storm continued to rage on throughout the night, lighting painting the world in a bright color. Nearly everyone in the building was able to sleep through it, but Jay, however, was not.

All Jay could feel was his head pounding paining. Maybe he was starting to have a migraine. His eyes opened and he winced as he heard the thunder strike all around him. He ran his fingers through his hair, before sitting up and looking around. The darkness suddenly frightened him. He was alone, completely and utterly alone in this room.

Well- he wasn't technically alone. Mike was in a different room than his- but he didn't want to disturb his peacefully sleeping boyfriend. He didn't like complete darkness- he liked to sleep with at least a light on or a fan, but that's besides that point.

He had always hated thunderstorm's, but never admitted it to his fans on YouTube, or his friends. Probably because he never found a good time to do it- or maybe he just never found a big deal for it to ever be mentioned. Most likely the latter.

Making a small whimper noise, he stood up, a large blanket draped around him. After a month or two of dating, the two of them decided to move into an apartment together. They both had separate bedrooms for recording, and would sleep together every now and then. They both cared for each other and made sure not to interfere with each other's recording.

Peaking out of his room, he glanced around before noticing Mike sitting on the couch, watching an episode of.. My hero Academia.

Contemplating whether or not he should walk over, a particular heavy thunderbolt hit near the apartment complex, making it shake a little. Jay suddenly made an unhuman noise, falling to the floor.

Mike gasped for a moment, before looking over to see him on the floor, huddled up in blankets. "Jay- hey, what's wrong?" His voice was barely above a whisper. He didn't want to scare Jay, after all. He then noticed that Jay had his face planted into the floor.

"Jay- Jay what's wrong?" He stood up, walking over before kneeling down to look at Jay. He lifted his face up, only to notice very few tears fall.

Jay wiped at them, hoping for them to go away. He shouldn't be crying- he doesn't cry much. This was something stupid to cry over. He shouldn't be crying.

"I'm- god dammit, I'm sorry Mike." Jay wailed, finally letting the tears fall. He threw the blanket over his head again. Mike softened up, grabbing Jay and pulling him over next to him.

"Jay- love.. It's okay. It's okay to be scared-" Jay rested his head on Mike's shoulder, covering his face again. "It's not okay, Mike- I'm a grown man and I shouldn't be fucking scared!" He shook a little. He got really bad mouthed, especially when scared or mad.

Mike only hugged him, shushing him. "Jay, it's okay. You may be a grown man- but we still have fears. We're still human in the end, after all." He kept hugging him, before turning off the TV with the remote and lifting Jay up, leading him towards his bedroom.

Opening the door, he let Jay in, before walking in after him. He laid on the bed, holding Jay in his arms, whispering sweet things to him.

Soon, Jay was able to fall asleep, and shortly after, Mike did too.

_____

I don't regret this. I don't regret it at all.

Maybe I do

[Now posted on ao3]