Goodbye world.

I’ve finally had enough. I can’t live in this misery any longer. My heart can be broken only so many times. And there are far too many scars left on my wrists to count. Tonight will be the last time I run the razor across my skin, tonight will be the last night I breathe, tonight will be my last night.

I walk into the bathroom; my face soaked from my endless tears. I open the medicine cabinet and take out every kind of pills I had. Sleeping pills, pain killers, weight-loss pills, anxiety pills: anything and everything.  I shovel them down my throat at once; it all leaving a bad aftertaste. I feel the drugs sink into my stomach; knowing that they’d be doing their job any minute to kill me.

I drop to the floor as I let out my soft, aching whimpers; my every tear crashing against the white tiled floor shattering like glass. I grab the rusted and red stained razor off the counter and held it to my left wrist. I dig it into my already scarred skin and watched as the thick blood spilled from my body and onto the floor. By now, I could feel the drugs finally taking over my body. I sliced the razor across my wrist once again. With every scar I left on my skin, it felt like I was leaving scars on my heart. My puny little heart was starting to give out. With the effects of the drugs and emotional pain it’s been through, the journey ends here.

I grew dizzy and shaky. The bloodied razor fell from my trembling fingertips and to the floor, splattering some of the blood. I lost my balance as I tried to stand up and tumbled back to the floor with a thud. I lied on the floor practically paralyzed from the drugs just staring at the light above me as if it were my way out; the light at the end of the tunnel. I felt my whole body growing numb from my toes to my ears. This was it. My last breath was soon to be released from my lungs. Every time I blinked I felt my lashes getting heavier and heavier. I felt my heart beating slower, my breathing becoming slower ‘til eventually my heart came to a halt and everything was silent. I breathed out my very last breath slowly and steadily, leaving no air left behind in my lungs. I saw the light disappear behind my eye lids and that was it. I was dead. Goodbye world.