Decisions Aren't For The Weak

Another Possessive/Darling world! Happy Birthday Canada! (I didn't forget >.>)

He tilted his tired head to the side, sunnies slipping down his nose and partially exposing blinding, red eyes, as though to silently say, 'Do you really expect me to believe that?'

      You resisted the urge to gulp, though, you're not sure why. You were a Darling through-and-through, that much was way too obvious. The thought of having someone take care of you was both comforting and terrifying. What if you got someone that would hit you? Or if he yelled too loud? You supposed this was your fault, as well. 

The first time you found Mattie, he was covered in bruises and blood. You thought he was dead, running up to his slumped body in the alleyway with a tinge of hope. It was faint, but, the closer you got you could hear his quiet, huffing breaths as he chuckled and muttered unintelligibly to himself. 

      "Sir?" You had asked, reaching out lightly to tap at his shoulders.

      He almost fell over from that simple push. His blonde ponytail that was draped over his shoulder was drenched in blood, same with his fringe and running up his hairline. He laughed quietly once more, "Those hosers deserved it..."

      Call it selfish, but, your Darling Acceptance Card had recently expired and you couldn't afford a new one just yet. So, knowing a bit of nursing yourself, you took the man with you to treat in your apartment. You did the best you could, going to bed with bated breath, praying that you wouldn't wake up to a dead body; which you only thought of being worse when you finally did wake up. However, when you went to check on the freshly bandaged human on your pull out couch, he was gone. 

        Not forever, though. 

You couldn't take his intense gaze anymore, looking down to twiddle your fingers together. It's okay. The both of you were in a public place, the park. He wouldn't do anything rash here, right? It was broad daylight and public abuse was handled accordingly. . . Eventually, Mathew spoke, "Come on, Beautiful, I'm really trying to go about this civilly." 

      The red that coated your cheeks had him smiling. You pursed your lips, looking off to the side and fiddling with your dress, "I wouldn't say going through my rubbish is civil..."

     A small 'ha' came from him before he reached down, one of his hands coming to gently lift your chin, the other snaking around your waist to bring you just that little bit closer. He wasn't as bruteful or scary as some of the Possessives you've seen or heard of be. If he wasn't such a villain, such a criminal man, then maybe you'd be a lot more inclined. "Baby, don't be so cruel to me. I can look after you with such tender, tender care." The backs of his fingers traced down your cheek, luring you further into his trap.  

       No! With a small shake of your head, you stepped back, thankful when he let you push him away, "I-I'm really sorry, Mattie. B-But you hurt people, and, you do all kinds of scary and illegal things."

       "Tch," he changed his stance, though not in a dangerous manner towards you, you could see his irritation, "In a world like this, it's that kind of Possessive you'd want, Beautiful. Things like 'this'," he motioned to himself with a lazy hand gesture, "Happen all over the place, I just so happen to know what I'm doing and how to live around it."

     "Then what about that day!" You cried out, a little louder than intended. You quickly shrunk back into yourself, "You were so hurt, almost dead. What if something worse happened to you?"

     Mathew quickly softened, "Oh, lovely. You're scared you'll be left alone." 

      You wiped at your eyes before any tears could fall, "W-Well, a little bit..." He took merely one step before he reached you, bringing you in for a soft hug. You instincts craved for this, almost leaning your full body into his embrace, wanting to just cry and hold on to his shirt for comfort as his muscular arms gave you a protective, warm cage. Even still, your mind raced back to certain scenarios in the past. You've witnessed the aftermath of some of his dominant issues: Possessives beat to a bloody pulp for even smelling in your direction, senior teens almost getting ripped apart as they learn about their urges, coming onto you for experience, the terrifying stalking he has been able to do around your home and family. "I can't," you wept, slowly pulling back and looking up into his tired, violet eyes, "It would feel like I'm condoning your lifestyle. Please, respect my decision..."