-1-

''Come, Michelle'' Is my dad calling while Im attatching Brice's blanket in his trailer. My pretty palomino stallion was nervous: It was his first longer trip and I was little worried. But there was no backup: White Rivers was perfect option for me and I would never let it go. I smirked at my young horse, giving Brice fast kiss on his nose, gave him a carrot and jumped into car.

When I was about to pull out my phone to listen some music, my father stopped me with his hand and looked into my eyes. ''Are you sure that this is what you want?'' I nod. ''You now that you can come back anytime yo-'' ''Dad you know that I WANT to go there. I will go. And I will be there for this schoolyear, okay?'' He sighed and looked away. I knnow what he's thinking about. He thinks I'm not capable of living by my own. Althouh there are are people everywhere and I wouldnt even acutally BE alone.

''I can do it, I promise'' I reply, half to father, half to myself. I apply earphones and put on my playlist, which mostly consists of metal and much more fun music. My dad doesnt approve my taste of genres but ohwell, he can suck it up. Music always helps me to relax and be just happier in general. Cage with Blueberry, Cappuccino and Aurelia, my rats, is in my hands and I softly stroke sleepy golden rat. I am sleepy too. I feel my mind fading away and everything gets dark.

I wake up when my father nudges me and says ''We're here'' he says to me nervously. I step out of the car and gasp.
It is sooooo freaking pretty. My earphones fall out when my phone gets away from the grip of my hand and falls with a soft thump. Grassis emerald green, houses and stables are modern. Pretty horses walking in meadows and trining on arenas. It's like heaven. ''Do we firstly load out your stuff or horses?'' My dad asks me. Ehm... To be honest I am not sure about it myself, too. There is also noone to be seen near.

But still, there is one guy walking about twenty metres away from me. I hesitate, I dont want to seem too eager or helpless. But there aren't many other options, I wave to this dude and run closer, calling him ''Hi, er... Could you tell me where I can put my horses? I am one of new riders here...'' He looks at me coldly and replies after a pause ''Students horses go there'' he points at one stable with many little pastures. He s tall, wears a beanie and if he wouldnt have such a mean face, Id almost say he was handsome, which he was, but since his cold and almost mean behavior, he didnt really seem that great

''Do you need help to get there?''The dude sighs. ''Would be appreaciated''I nod, look down and we go together back to my car. My dad looks at me, examining the tall, muscled guy. I shake my head to him and tell ''He shows me where can I put them.''. He reachers for Brice, stroking his nose. ''Nice horse you have here'' I am suprised. Brice usually doesn't let strangers to touch him. ''Yeah, this Bronze Bolt, Brice for short. Uhm... Could I take him myself? He is young and gets frightened easily.''

I didnt want to confess that I was afraid he and Brice would get along better than I and my golden stallion. He turns his head away and nods. ''Sure'', taking Antivist's, my dun tobiano mare's, halter and tries to lead the way. Antivist has other plans and rears up, almost hitting the guy. He jumps back and reaches hurriedly into his pocket to pull out a bisquit. Patting her, she pushes it under her nose, as she neighs and eats them. He strokes the horse's mane and walks ahead

I follow him with Brice and father with Ethereal. Everybody get nice small pasture that has smooth, emerald green grass, automatic drinking system in shelter where they nicely fit. We take off their halters, trip rugs and boots. They start exploring their new area, while my father helps me to bring their tack to stable, where each horse has nice open box with soft bedding and nice window, in front of it is chest to hold their saddles and bridles and rugs and so on in. Finally, my own stuff, including clothes and rats. The owner of WHEC (White Rivers Equesterian Centre) asked me through email what would I want my room to look like and I am super excited to see it.

The dude had disappeared and I walked around me and my dad both holding huge bags and ask the way from a stablegroom who shows me the way. I am astonished when I find the room of my dreams. Its modern, has alot of shelves and queen-size bed and when I look into bathroom, it perfectly fits the style of the room. When everything is in place, my father kisses my forehead, we share goodbyes and he leaves. I stay in my room and dont know what to do after placing down the ratcage and placing my things in shelves and so on.

I take out Blueberry, my grey and white rat, put her on my shoulder and walk to the pastures, only to find the tall guy who escorted Brice to his meadow. To be honest, I really don't want to talk to him, but if Im already here I dont want to seem disrespectful. After all, I have to live under the same roof with this dude, so I walk closer and ask ''Are we only ones here right now?'' He hesitates ''Im not sure, but last time I checked, yes.'' and adds ''Actually, I could go and see if there are new people.''

I look away in the distance, feeling uncomfortable. He clearly didnt want me to be there with him. ''If you want you can come too'' He adds after a break. I really hope that was friendly, not dissapointed and tired voice, but Im not good at reading people's emotions. ''Yeah sure'' Im staying kinda quiet. I dont wanna seem desprate. I havent said my name though, I guess it wouldnt hurt? ''Oh, my name is Michelle. Michelle Taylor Connor. I'm from Italy'' Nailed it.

''You don't look Italian''
''Am I supposed to look like Mario and yell Mamma Mia after every two seconds?''

He snorts while I add ''I actually moved there like two years ago. I've lived most of my life in Norway.''
''I see. My name is William, William Lewis Jackson. I'm from England. You know, the land of tea and the Queen'' I smile. Pause. ''You wanna see my horses?''

I nod trying to hold the 'whadever' state and we walk towards pasture with pretty black horse with a small blaze and three socks. ''This is After Midnight, Terry for sho-'' ''How do you even get Terry from After Midnight'' I interrupt. He tilts his head and looks at me, little tired ''After. Af-ter? Get it?'' I roll my eyes whisper to myself ''Whatever makes you happy'' and stroke his neck as he walks closer. ''I can give him cookies right? Horse cookies. Is he Belgian Warmblood?'' He snorts ''Yah to both. You are good at breeds, huh?''

''Well, I read a lot. You have only one horse?''
He shakes his head, says quietly ''Nerd...'' to himself and points to beautiful dapple gray arabian. I gasp and whisper ''Woaaah...''

He smiles ''Meet Sarab, Mirage in Arabic . My cutie, arabian mare. Straight from SASS, Arabia'' He says, you can almost touch the proudness in his voice. Suddenly, we both turn to sound of stopping car. Sweet, new people!

We start walking to the car and see a figure coming out of there. Blueberry is squealing. I take her off my neck and put her in my pocket before William can see it. He seems friendlier now and I dont want to ruin potential friendship because many people do not like rats. Sadly. They are intelligent.

We get closer to the horse trailer and hear a horse neighing and some footsteps as a black head appears from the trailer, despretly trying to run away.