I need you to stay

2:17 am Ohio's time
(via text)

Chris: Hey are you up?

Tom: I was...
Tom: what's up?

Chris: nothing.

Tom: What do you mean nothing??
Tom: You just randomly text me at 2 in the morning for nothing?!

Chris: Yeah

Tom: Dude, I know you since we're 6.
Tom: What's wrong?

Chris: It's nothing you could or would do...

Tom: Well
Tom: Tell me, maybe I can.

Chris: I'm sorry to bother you
Chris: Just go back to sleep please, I'm sorry

Tom: Where are you?

Chris: In my apartment, why?
Chris: Why?
Chris: Tom Tom Tom
Chris: Did you fell asleep?
Chris: Ok...

A half an hour later

*Someone's knocking the door*

-Chris: What?...

*Opens the door*

-Tom: Hey...

-Chris: What are you doing here? It's almost 3 am in the morning.

-Tom: Can I at least come in?- he laughed- You just don't text me from nowhere in the middle of the night, what's wrong?

-Chris: Oh God... So you just came here because I texted you?

-Tom: Yes. So. What's wrong?

He seats on a chair while Chris seats in front of him.

-Chris: It's just that- he sighed- I haven't felt very well.

-Tom: You mean your anxiety?

-Chris: Yeah...

-Tom: I thought the medications were helping...?

-Chris: And they are, it's just...- he sighed again- I don't want to have a breakdown in the middle of the night and have to call you so you can pickup all my broken pieces, I know you're tired and I'm sorry you came all the way to he...- Tom interrupted.

-Tom: Hey. Look at me. I will never be bother to help you. I have been with you since they diagnosed your anxiety, I was with you in the good and bad moments. And I will always be by your side.

His voice was broken while talking and small tears where felling down by Chris cheek.

-Chris: Thanks, for everything seriously. It's just that I don't want to be any extra charge for my friends, especially you.

-Tom: I'm here for you man, whenever you need it.

-Chris: When I have my breakdowns, I don't call you, I prefer to suffer this alone and by myself, I prefer you just have to watch me struggle from several rooms away...- he laughed between tears- But just tonight, I... need you to stay.

-Tom: Always...

-Chris: When I'm on my worst,- he stuttered- I feel like someone is chasing me and all I do is run from the problem, but at some point there's no more path, I- I... can't hide or escape... and... It's overwhelming...-He broke into tears.

Tom stand up and give him a hug. And in that cold night with some thunders but no rain; with the light of the moon he said...

-Tom: It's ok, everything it's gonna be alright, I am gonna make sure of that. I'm here with you and I will never leave.

//////////////////////

𝙀𝙨 𝙡𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙖 𝙫𝙚𝙯 𝙦𝙪𝙚 𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙤 𝙪𝙣𝙖 𝙝𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙖 𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙚𝙨, 𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙖 𝙗𝙖𝙨𝙖𝙙𝙖 𝙚𝙣 𝙡𝙖 𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙙𝙚 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙍𝙪𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙤 𝙙𝙚 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙋𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙩𝙨, 𝙣𝙤 𝙢𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙘𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙤 𝙡𝙖 𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙤 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙤𝙣.
𝙀𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙤 𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙜𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙚:)