Chapter 31

We looked at the report. And we couldn't believe what we saw. The heading shocked me.

(Report heading in red)

The given blood samples resulted in unknown species  and there is no human DNA match so far. Fingerprints were erased away due to long time stagnation underwater. Therefore no matches found.

(End of report heading)

We were truly shocked. utterly disappointed as well. How come the killer survives each and every evidence we find against him. He is definitely a Pro. No fingerprints match , unknown DNA. That's because the Killer is a vampire.

"This can't be happening right now!!!" I speaked out of frustration.

Detective Jeon nodded his head. Agreeing to what I said.

"What are we going to do now. It's pointless reading the whole report when the headline is like this." I said.

"That's true. We are back to square one again. No leads. A clean and cut dead end. What now Sheshta?" Asked Jungkook~ssi.

I have no idea what to do . Everything we did until now always lead to a dead end. What a waste?. I was so disappointed in myself as well. I am not a good detective i even cant solve this murder case.

"I don't know Detective Jeon. Let's find another way. For now let's go home. It  is already late now." I said.

We packed our stuff and left the precinct together.

"Want to grab a drink, Sheshta ? " asked Detective Jeon.

Today was a tired and disappointing day. So a drink will do. To cool down my mind.

"Yeah sure. Let's go to the pub." I said.

We went to the pub , and sat down on an empty table. Jungkkok~ssi walked towards the bartender . I was looking at him.

"Hello, two whiskeys please and a bottle of Soju." Jungkook ~ssi said.

"Yes sir , give me a second." The bartender said.

The bartender used some unusual techniques and made two whiskeys and handed over to Jungkook as well a soju bottle. He brought them to our table with a plate of steak as well. We had a nice chat and drank. We talked about the crime scene and how the killer survives every way we try to catch him using evidence. And he told me about his family as well. And so did I. And Mark gave me a call and asked why I was late. I told him I'm at a pub. So he came to pick me up. I was not sober at all.

Mark grabbed me by my waist and lifted me up and took me to his car. And came out with Jungkook as well. We dropped Jungkook at his house. And we came home. And I was asleep the whole ride.

MARK'S POV

"Sheshta ! Sheshta ! Wake up..." Mark said .

She was still asleep. In the car. She looked so innocent and pretty when she was asleep. I slowly brushed away the piece of hair that covered her eyes. And then suddenly.

"Jackson , why are you doing this to me? Why?"  Sheshta said drunk and half asleep.

I was so confused and shocked. What is she saying? I think she is confused between me and Jackson. She is drunk. I should not listen to her. She is just blabbering.

"Jackson , you know I like you so much. But why aren't you saying anything. I know you like me too. I can feel and and YoHa said too..." Said Sheshta.

What in the world... Is Jackson and Sheshta dating? They didn't even tell me. Jackson likes Sheshta too? That is new. I never knew that cold vampire liked a normal human girl.
However I carried Sheshta into the house and placed her on her bed and pulled up the sheet to cover her. When i was about to leave suddenly Sheshta grabbed my wrist.