Prologue

"Wake up! Fire!" The she-cat woke to her sister prodding her urgently. Blazing fire surrounded them, hot smoke filled the air and soon her lungs, "Where's Father?" She asked, looking furiously around for the tabby, "He's down the stairs!" She yelled, trying to be heard over the crackling. They turned and raced out of the area.

Below, it was even more smokey. Her sister was right on her tail and would not slow down. When the two reached the bottom, part of the roof came down besides them in a flaming mess. Kit-Cat screeched to a stop behind her sister, it was blocking their way. She saw a thick, brown tabby pelt appear in between the leaping flames.
"Father!" She yelped in hopes that he could hear her. She swerved around to face her Kit-Cat, to see if she had any ideas of what to do, "Kits!" Fathers voice rang out panicky and frightened.

After a short time of explaining, the three cats had a plan. The two she-cat raced into the place were their food and the twoleg's food was. They jumped up onto a platform that was held up with legs. The twolegs mostly ate here. Fire was blazing on the ground below, but they jumped anyways. First, the gingery tabby, then the oak-brown tabby. They landed safely on a block. The ginger tabby was going to jump to safety, but then realized that her sister was backing away from the edge.
"What's wrong?" She looked up, she was obviously scared. There was a long pause as Kit-Cat searched for words. "I-I can't do it," she stammered, "Well unless you want to burn- let's go! Just pretend like the fire isn't there. You'll be fine- I promise," she said, then turned back to ledge.
The tabby made the leap, her belly fur just skimming the flames. A cat flap awaited her. The other tabby was at the ledge, in a crouch. She leaped, but a little too slow, her hind leg was singed barely, "Aawwhhh..!" Her voice was shaky, and her sister new just what to do. "Here! Put your leg in the water!" She directed her backwards into the water. Kit-Cat let out a relieved sigh.

The two tabbies raced across the lawn, dogging flakes of embers. A thick tabby pelt awaited them near them near the fallen oak. The she-cats rubbed Father in relief. All of a sudden, huge, deformed paws scooped Kit-Cat and Father up, while the ginger she-cat darted out of the way. "Kit-Cat! Father!" Before they knew what was happening, the two were forced into boxes that had small holes on the side, it also opened when the twoleg pushed something.

The twoleg turned the other cat, she darted away, not wanting to be captured like her family. With one look back, she raced into the woods.