Chapter 1: Sudden visitation

#The background picture of my book cover is by “faeriereverie”

# I would like to give thanks to my special friend and editor AASIAH PATEL, who took time off her busy days to make this book an absolute sensation.

*Hello guys this is Chiedza I would like to thank you for trying out my book. This is my very first time writing and publishing a book so bear with me if you find some silly mistakes.

* May you all please remember that this is fictional and my work. If it is similar to any book you have read I sincerely apologize but I have tried to make it a little out of the ordinary love stories. However, don't give up on the very first chapter things are surely going to get more interesting.

* The copying of this book is prohibited. All rights reserved.

Thank you all and good luck

***********************************

ADDYLINE'S POV
It's quite funny how life can give you groundbreaking news when all you wanted to do was live a peaceful life.

My whole life has been a hustle. I lived with my grandparents who were very unusual people. They always taught me manners and etiquette like I was some sort of princess... well, I was their princess.

It was not easy for me personally because at school I was very quiet, I had a few companions, always alone in my personal bubble with just one friend who was able to put up with my peculiar life.

When my grandparents had an accident in my last year of high school, my grandmother passed away. Things got even worse after that. My grandfather became very strict and overprotective that he didn't allow me to see my friends or even go out for a simple walk. My grandmother's death had taken a toll on him and he soon followed his beloved three months after.

I felt as if life was unfair for taking the two people from me who meant so much. Soon after, I went back to live with my mother, Gemma Shabina. Where is my father you say? Well, he passed away when I was ten and my younger sister, Lililth Shabina, was only three years old.

After all the grief and loss I became determined to make sure that I fulfilled the promise I made to my grandparents. I remember my grandmother Dannica's exact words to this day. "Darling I want you to always remember that what we have done and what we do is because of our love for you and Lililth. I want you to promise me to accept the challenges and obstacles life gives you, it is for your good".

In order to fulfil the promise I made, I became consumed by my education. I mean I never even thought about having boyfriends (well mostly because I respected my grandfather who told me not to) but it's the thought that counts... Ever since then I had one boyfriend whom I dated for almost two years until he asked for me to sleep with him out of wedlock. I’m sorry but that’s just not my style.

After completing my studies, I opened an interior designing and art company with my most trusted friends; Britta Jones, Ember Nuader, Valentina Harllow and Freddie Nixon.

My main focus was to give my mother a comfortable home and my sister a great experience of life, not having to go through the same sufferings I had gone through.

Sitting in my humble home getting ready for work I heard a faint knock on my door and I finished wearing my heels "coming!” I shouted. I quickly walked down the stairs and opened the door to see my mother standing there with a huge smile and open arms. 

"uhhh, mom? Hi, what a surprise. What are you doing here?" I asked as I hugged her and let her inside the house.

My house had a very simple yet elegant sense to it, it was a medium-size double story with grey as the exterior colour. The owner of the house permitted me to paint the interior myself which I painted emerald. The desks, tables, stands and bookshelf were a shiny dark brown. The simple decorations such as the vase, mirrors, cases and even my couch pillows were silver. The couches and lamb stand were also emerald. What can I say I loved dark colours, it sounded gloomy but it was actually nice and warm.