ChAPTER 5: You owe me an answer!

ADDYLINE'S POV

This was the day! The day when my life would change. Would it be for the better or for the worst, nobody knew, not even I could control the winds of the world, the work of God himself.

I felt like staying in my bed for all eternity, to be honest... I was scared. I still hadn't found a solution to this calamity nor an answer to the questions which still remained. Was I going to do this with him or not? What if it backfired and we kissed our inheritance goodbye?

I stopped myself from killing my brain any further as I made my way to the bathroom to prepare for the day. I looked at myself in the mirror, let's just say monsters had nothing on me.

I sighed as I entered the shower since I needed to be fast to make it on time for work. Those girls were going to be like vultures, wanting answers for every question they attacked me with. I didn't know what I was going to even say because I was supposed to tell them the truth but lie at the same time. How was I going to get that working?

They should not know about the acting that I might do. They had a tendency of telling my mom things, I had to inform them not to speak of his presence In front of her nor anyone for that matter.

I made my way out of the shower and dressed into a cream figure-dress which had an outline of royal blue on the buttons and bottom of the dress. It was elegant yet simple. I took some black heels to match with my earrings and handbag. I looked ready to build an empire and I was going to make sure that it was going to happen.

I made my way downstairs and found that mom was still asleep. I quickly wrote a note and put it on the refrigerator to tell her that I left for work and where she could find her breakfast. She really needed a good rest, because somehow I felt that in the next days things were going to get worse.

I decided to borrow mom's car in case our guests arrived then I could quickly come back.

Driving in mom's car made me nostalgic. I remembered the time when my friends and I wanted to go to a bonfire which ended up being disastrous, especially when you had psycho friends like Britta. The barn ended up on fire, burned down to ashes. I did not only get into trouble for that but also because I finished all the gas in mom's car going for rides up until morning. I got grounded for my entire life, I was still grounded.

I made my way into the parking lot and ran up to the door. Maybe I could escape their eyes if I sneaked in.

I had been so wrong, I should have asked myself why Freddie was not on the front desk or why I did not see Ember's office door slightly open and her barking orders to her assistant. It was stupid of me to think that I could make it to my office without finding all of them waiting for me at the door of my office. It was going to be a long morning.

" Good morning frieeeeeends!" I exclaimed.

Nothing.

No ' Hey honey' from Freddie, no 'wass poppin' from Britta, no ' Como estas mi amor' from Valentina, not even a nod from Ember. I was doomed. They just motioned for me to enter my office and they all directed their hands to my office at the same time as if they had practised.

I groaned as I made my way into my office, not a second later did I hear the door being closed shut.

When I summoned them for meetings they took five minutes debating who should enter first. This showed how angry they were at me, they entered in less than a minute. I was starting to believe that they had practised this. I did not dare say a word, I waited for their outbursts but they never came.

Valentina finally opened her mouth, I was expecting a whole bunch of Spanish shouting but only one word came out of her mouth.

"Explain"