Chapter 10: WEDDING BELLS!

Ding, Ding, Ding was the sound of the bell from the nearby tower. I groaned as I flipped and flopped around in the blankets, closing my ears to try and get this noise away from me. It stopped after a whole minute and by then I was laying on my bed looking like a grumpy old lady.

"Rise and shine my little bride." Vladimir’s sister Elena walked into my room while dancing.

I turned away from her and put the blankets over my head.

"Go away, Elena." I groggily said.

She suddenly deprived me of my sanctuary by snatching the blankets off the bed and onto the floor.

"Oh come on, are you starting to have second thoughts about marrying Vlad?" She asked with humour.

I turned and put my hands over my head to escape the lights and told her half sleeping.

"I don't want to marry your brother, now close the door behind you."

She smacked my butt and I whined.

"Hey, it's six o'clock and we all have to be at the church by eight. Come on get up, the make-up artist, designers and body treatment people are here. They are all waiting for the bride." Elena said on a serious note.

I got to a sitting position and scratched my dishevelled hair while trying to adjust to the light. I stood up and started dragging myself to the bathroom.

"Call in the women who will be doing my body treatment, whatever It's called." I told her.

As a Slavich to be, I was receiving every type of royal treatment. Mrs Slavich herself appointed some people who would make my skin glow and be beautiful. I didn't really know their job but I knew that they were professionals.

Oh my goodness I only had two hours left until I tied the knot, this was really happening. I had been wishing so bad for all this to be a dream. I waited for my wake but this was my reality. I was marrying for money, I always thought that women who married without love were doomed, stupid and selfish. Now my thoughts had been splashed right back to my face and if I looked at it, I couldn't judge them nor say anything about it.

As I filled my luxurious tub with water, I heard the ladies come in.

"Hello mam, may we come in?" A beautiful woman with brown hair and ocean blue eyes said as she stood by the door in her blue uniform.

"Oh, yes please do come in. I had already put some water, I hope it's fine." I said.

She gave me a gorgeous smile and approached me.

"Oh no that's fine, my girls will take care of everything. My name is Jocelyn. Thank you for choosing our firm to work with you."

"Oh no, that is not a problem, you probably know how to do your work well. I'll just go and wait in my room as you prepare."

I said as I went to the bedroom and watched her and her colleagues prepare everything, some gels and soaps as well as crazy machines I had no idea existed were being put in place.

My phone suddenly chimed and I looked at who was calling me. I was quite baffled as to why this particular person would even care to call. My heart involuntarily jumped out of joy and curiosity.

"Vladimir." I said in the most sophisticated voice I could muster.

"Addyline." He said in a cold manner... typical.

Elena turned to me and started jumping around making love gestures not knowing that this call was far from romantic. I shook my head at her and all my friends who were doing the same as I helplessly waited for him to speak.