Chapter 1

It started with intense pain, then it subsided, followed by exhaustion, and finally, the feeling of being wide awake. She hurriedly open her eyes in a slight panic, she looked around. It was nighttime, she was surrounded by trees, whistling in the wind. She tried to sit up, but realized something horrifying.
"I...Why can't I feel my legs?" She looked down, there were indeed feet there, she concluded. "No...wait, are those hooves??" She tried to move them, but nothing happened. Frustrated and afraid of the worse she kept trying to move, nothing happened, her neck was starting to feel sore.

Suddenly the hooves under her moved, but she didn't cause it, she was certain of it. She suddenly felt the urge to look behind her, a giraffe-like creature staring back at her. "What the heck?" She asked it, the giraffe's head reeled back in surprise, unable to respond from the shock for a moment. "Since when can you talk?!" The Giraffe finally said "You've been there my whole life and have never spoken a word."
She was also surprised, unable to speak for a moment. "Asks the talking giraffe?? Who are you anyway? How can you speak?"
"Giraffe? What's a Giraffe?" The Giraffe asked. "We're a Girafarig, did you forget with your new found sentience?" The 'Girafarig' added dumbfounded.
"We?? What do you mean we? And what is this angle I'm at?" She looked down again and saw the Girafarig's back under her...wait.
"Wait a Girafarig? Like the Pokémon? Also...am I stuck to you? Is that what's happening right now?!"

The Girafarig was super confused at this point, since when could her tail speak? If always why did it wait until now? Why did it not know what it was?
"Yeah I'm a Pokémon, you are also a Pokémon. How did you forget you were my tail?" The Girafarig questioned, hoping to get this sorted out fast.
"YOUR WHAT?!" She was proper scared now. She looked around frantically, it was true, no matter how she looked at it, she was the tail of a Girafarig.

"How the heck did this happen?! Minutes ago I could've sworn I could walk on my own!" She wracked her brain trying to remember.
"My name's Hannah, that's all I got right now. What's your name?" If she was going to be stuck like this, she might as well befriend the one she's stuck to.
The Girafarig on the other hand...hoof? hasn't accepted what's going on yet, but she decided to play along for now. "I'm Ava, how come you have a name? None of this is making sense to me." She was seriously about to lose her mind.

"You and me both, Ava. Seriously I'm just as confused as you."
"If you're just as confused as me, how are you being so calm?!"
"Honestly? I think it's the shock of where I've ended up." Hannah admitted.
"Ok. Ok, let me get this straight." Ava began in a frustrated sigh. "You don't know how this happened?" Hannah nodded. "So you haven't been here since before this?" She nodded again. "Where are you from then? Any idea?" Hannah pondered for a moment, thinking really hard. "I certainly wasn't a Pokémon before." Ava's eyes went wide for a moment, a chill went up her spine, Hannah felt it too.
"What? What is it?"
"Were...were you human?" Ava quietly asked.
"Y-Yeah, yeah I think so." Hannah responded carefully. Why was Ava looking at her like that?

"You were HUMAN?!" Ava practically screamed.
"What what?! Why are you yelling??"
"Do you not realize what that could mean?!" Ava asked in a panic.
"No??"
"It could mean the world could be ending! Some sort of catastrophe!"
"Why would me being here mean that?!" Ava took deep breaths, trying to calm down.
"Ok...Various centuries ago, every few years, a Pokémon who was once human would be summoned out of no where, and every single time, they were there to save our world from destruction. Our historians only know of two instances." Ava tried to explain.

"So, this has happened before?" Hannah asked.
"Never like this! Those humans were their OWN Pokémon, and you, you're not supposed to be stuck to me like this, that I'm certain of." Ava stifled a sudden yawn.
"Ugh why did it have to happen in the middle of the night? Look can we...work this out in the morning?" Hannah was dumbfounded.
"What? Now??"
"Unlike you Hannah I need the energy, it'll only be for a few hours. Keep an eye out for Pokémon would you?" Ava laid down and rested her head in the grass.
"What do you mean 'unlike you??'" Hannah asked, but Ava was already out of it.