The sickness and how we overcame it

Annabeths pov

I was the luckiest girl in the world. I had the best boyfriend ever, I had 2 kids, and a golden retriever named Jason. Right now we were on a date. We were walking across Broadway, looking at the tall buildings and shops in New York. Suddenly, I hear a thud and my hand being pulled down. I looked down and saw Percy's limp body next to me. "Percy!" I shouted and kneeled down next to him. His eyes are bursting out of his head in pain and he starts to thrash. I quickly grab his hand and tell him to calm down. Then he starts to sweat like crazy. His face goes pale and he stops moving entirely. Tears stream out of my eyes. For once, I don't know what to do. I start screaming for a medic and see a few people run over. They start to give me commands, and not knowing what to do, I follow them. A bypasser whipped out his phone to call 911.

Time skip.

Percy's pov

"Where am I? What happened to me?" I looked around and saw that I was laying on a hospital bed. My skin was a disturbing yellow color. I then noticed that one of my hands was free, while the other was not. I looked over and saw Annabeth. "Percy! Oh my gods, you're alive! I was worried sick!" she whispered. My eyes were half open at the time. I smiled weakly and raised my other hand toward her. She took it and held it tight. " you're not getting rid of me that easily." she said through a smile. " I am so glad you're alive."

"So can you explain what happened to me?" I said weakly. "You collapsed and started thrashing. For once I didn't know what to do. Then a medic took you here." she said looking into my eyes. "I'm not going to tell you in detail. I don't want to worry you" Annabeth, I should be able to know what got me sick. " I said in a pleading voice." please tell me. "I promise I will. Not right now," she said calmly. I nodded." How are the kids? Are they still at school? " I asked." yeah. I had Nico pick them up and bring them home. Leo will drive Luke to soccer and Cal will get Selena to swim. " she said in a comforting tone.

Time skip.

Annabeths pov

Me and Percy were talking for a while now. Suddenly a doctor comes into our room and I sit up, worried. "Excuse me." he said. "Yes. Is everything ok?" Annabeth said in a worried tone. "Oh yes. You have some visitors" he said and left. "Hey dad" said a familiar voice

Percys pov

I looked over and saw my two teenage kids, Luke and Selena come through the door. "Hey guys, what are you doing here? You are supposed to be at sports." uncle Leo said that he will drop us off here instead of sports."