Free Fall of Doom

When I opened my eyes, I saw that I was falling. And if I didn't do something soon, I would be a splatter on the rocks below.

'All her fault!' I thought as I motioned with one hand to slow the air around me to make my fall slower. 'Just because I control the elements,'My other hand shot out and made the ground rise gently to meet me 'she thinks she has the right to destroy me.'

I planted my feet safely on the rocks, mentally cursing at my being thrown out of my hometown.

'Not my fault I was born with the ability to control the elements...' I thought as I made my way past the rocks and onto the earthen ground.

'I can't believe her audacity!' My own mother just tried to kill me!

My mother controls the element air and the element water, my father controls the element earth and the element fire. Somehow they didn't think to even imagine that combining all the elements by having a child would create a person with power over all elements.

It takes aproxamately 10-15 years for someones elemental powers to show themselves, normally in a dire situation.

Mine just appeared 6 months ago.

In the middle of winter, I fell off the ledge of a cliff, through the ice 50 feet below. The air tried to slow my fall, the earth tried to reach out and catch me, the water tried to melt and soften the fall, and the fire tried to keep me warm in the freezing cold.

I would've died if any of those elements hadn't tried saved me.

You may think that's an amazing thing, but if I had died then, my parents wouldn't be trying so hard to do the same thing.

You see, having influence over all four elements is taboo. They say having that much power is too overwhelming for a kid, it's therefore against the law to continue to live if you manipulate all of the elements.