LANTANA

There was once a little girl in the village of Damaji whose name is Lantana .She was Initiated at the age of  nine as it's normal with people living in the village.Lantana had never attended any school but by dream she went to learn .

  Lantana made it compulsory  upon herself to peep through classroom when teachers were teaching ,to learn at least one word ,to her gradually _gradually she will become perfect and she knows how to read the alphabet correctly.

   Lantana was a girl that anyone would like to have .She was honest , respectful and a strong woman ,she never let her problems over come her happiness .She sold to her customers with a full of shyness and she never let any one disrespect her.

Her Aunty was a very wicked woman and selfish .She wished good for children since she sent them to school but for Lantana she preffered to send her Hawking groundnuts at the streets.

She never cared what people might saying ,to her Lantana was a tool that her brother sent for gathering rich.

" Who asked them to go apart ? Why couldn't they settle together to look after you,I will use you as a tool of making wealth."

  Lantana ! Lantana!! She quickly got up from her sleeping mat  and dashed out of the room and knelt down.

  "Here I am Inna" knowing her Aunt as an old nagging woman.

" Get up and take your groundnuts it's getting late , don't  watse my time because now a days you like sleeping like a lazy dog ."

  " But Aunty I am hungry ." she managed to say hmm ! She regretted telling  her that because she picked a big stick and followed her with it till they got far to the the far end of the door . After seeing  her out of the  house,she came back saying stupid girl,did you think I am your slave or what? She entered her room.

   When she reached the Government primary school she now stopped to take her breath and relax for  some minutes.Then she sat down and leaned against  a tree , thinking and willing that all these will be a history.It was the bell that brought her back , knowing  that students I'll soon be on queue for her groundnut ,so she settled and get set.

  She was happy she sold all the groundnuts but her stomach is still singing and dancing to the tune of Intestines melody .She was busy crying after the student went back to their classes ,she know she couldn't face Inna with food issue but  she is hungry and needed to eat and she wouldn't understand what the teacher  was saying Inside a class closer to her ; so she decided to drag herself back home.