Breathe

Breathe in. Breathe out. You've done this a million times before. A simple procedure done by the least experienced of doctors. So why were you  so nervous? Because this wasn't just any patient. This was your boyfriend. So breathe. Steady your hands, grip the blade, make an incision on his lower right side and breathe. Check for the a millionth time that the infection hasn't spread to any other organs and breathe. Close his stitches and breathe.

  You walk down the cold halls after finishing your fifth surgery of the day. You we're supposed to be on your lunch break but you we're to anxious. You must have spaced out while walking because you crashed into one of your fellow physicians. "Ah dr. Cranya" the young paediatric surgeon said, the florescent hospital lighting making his gold eyes and wheat colored skin sparkle "me and half the
Physiotherapy  department are going down to that new sub shop around the corner, you in?" You sigh, pushing one of your braids behind your ear trying your hardest to avoid eye contact. "Could you just bring me back a salad or something i have something i need to do." "Uh yeah, you good?" "hm? Oh yeah i just have a special patient i need to see" "Don't over work yourself alright?" He said walking  backwards into the sea of people "Sure sure, get me some ranch to!" He rolled his eyes while smiling at you as he spun on his heels and sprinted to the opposite direction. You continued to walk counting down the room numbers. D61. D63. D65. D67. You lightly tapped the glass door with your fingers. "Knock knock" "hey doctor Krystal" your boyfriend said from his hospital bed. He had pulled his long pink hair into a bun revealing his blue and green eyes. "It's doctor Cranya at work sir" you said, giggling under your breath "and mr.peters, based on your body's current reaction to the procedure, we'll be containing you here for another 5 hours. If you feel any pain press the red button on your remote and it will give you a mild dose of ibuprofen, other than that the white button will call a nurse and the arrows will adjust your beds position." "You are so cute when you try to act all serious." You scoff at how blunt he is " if you weren't recovering from a somewhat major surgery, i would take your pillow and slap you with it." "I love you to".