one

Have you heard? About the cafe in the woods?

It's only visible to the special ones, you see. As it's a cafe specially catered for supernaturals. All the tasty sweets and delights, you can find right here. If you're looking for a place to relax a bit, look no further.

Monster, spirit, whatever you are, anyone is welcome! The Ghost Cafe is now open for business!

--

"Get that witch out of our land! Kill her!"

Lights coming from the fiery torches followed her, as she did nothing but run further and further away. The angry footsteps became fainter the more she ran, and she dove into the mass of trees without hesitation.

Why did it come to this? All she wanted was a peaceful life. It wasn't her fault she was born like this!

Yashiro Nene. Born with the extraordinary ability to interact with supernaturals. And those weird, radish-like legs. Maybe it was both that made her the most hated in her village.

Anyway, she had to get away. And it just so happened she entered the forest said you can never return from, ever.

It was dark, and only the light from the moon helped her get through the trees. Although it was still difficult to see clearly, and there seemed to be no end in sight.

No end, until the comforting shine of light ahead came around.

Nene slowed down, catching her breath and looking over her shoulder. The villagers were long gone, and it was a good thing they weren't chasing her anymore. Besides, who in their right mind would enter the spooky forest of no return?

Oh right. Her.

She parted some bushes, stepping over them. Right in front of her, a two-story building sat there, painted in a light blue and white. A few lanterns were hung around, and a white signboard stood in front of the glass door. Something was written on the board, but the ink was too faded away for her to read.

It was strange for a building this nice to be in the middle of a forest. But it was nevertheless, a welcome sight from the angry mob and pitchforks being sent at her.

No one would mind if she entered for a while, right?

She took a deep breath, gripping on the handle of the door and swinging it open. A bell right on top rang softly, probably signalling her entrance. The smell of newly-made pastries and coffee hit her senses immediately.

Ah, so it's a cafe.

"Oh, a customer." A deep, almost annoyed sounding voice startled her, as she quickly turned to the right. By a counter, a freakishly tall man stood, one arm propped on the table and another holding a small book he had been reading. He had dual colored hair (white and purple) and he was observing her sharply through those glasses of his.

How did she not notice him?

"Well, why don't you take a seat? The waitress will be here in a moment." Despite his scary demeanor, all he did was merely point at the rows of tables before him. Red circular tables and chairs, and accompanied by individual ceiling fans at that.

"Oh... um... thanks, uh..." She nervously fidgeted, her gaze flickering from the tables to the man. She almost swore she saw him roll his eyes and grin out of amusement.

"Call me Tsuchigomori, kid. Now go ahead and sit down."

Okay. He was... nice. Nene was about to go and sit down when she noticed someone enter from the other side of the room.